Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#84053 - 03/20/09 12:02 PM Re: Madrid: possible get together? [Re: la historiadora]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
La historiadora . I´m glad I´m not the only one who keeps things like a cork as a memory/souvenir ! After all , it's a lot more personal , reminding you of a moment in time .
I´m sure you´would´ve had Calamares a la Romana ... It´s just squid rings fried in batter .
Oh and keep those corks ... My friend who lived in Barcelona for many years kept a collection .. She now lives in Norfolk ( England ) but she made cork curtains for her house .. to stop bugs coming in . And then using wire clothes hangers , she made cork men ( models ) . They were really cool .
I got home at 6am from a memorable evening ... and have been sleeping on and off ... I got calls from a new friend in the Spanish Army , and a Hungarian friend to go out tonight but i think I´ll just relax .
As MM said we will be going to a Flamenco bar tomorrow and then the bullfight on Sunday .
And then I start work on Monday .
It´s a busy , but enjoyable schedule . Steve

#84056 - 03/20/09 03:12 PM Re: Madrid: possible get together? [Re: steve robinson]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
It was such a good afternoon! It was especially nice to hang out with you both and enjoy the spring weather, considering the crazy cold weather I am missing in NY.
Sitting in a plaza in Madrid is heavenly! I appreciate it so much. Thanks for joining my daughter and me. After I left you, I went to see Los Abrazos Rotos, the new Almodóvar film. What a great day.
I hope we can get together for flamenco on Saturday. Steve, it sounds like you are going to have a fabulous weekend before the first week of work!

#84076 - 03/22/09 07:30 AM Re: Madrid: possible get together? [Re: esperanza]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Probably not the best way to approach my first day at work in 3 years ... But ... The flamenco with you guys MM , Esperanza , your daughter , Rick and Richard and my friend André was short but intense ,, That dancer was incredible .. how does he move those feet so fast ! And the singing just goes straight to my soul! And then the food and chat at Cervecería Alemania ( A favourite of Ernest Hemingway ) , was great fun . A couple of photos I took came out well , and those that want to see them can call me . I guess there will be the normal issues of publishing them on line .
Bullfight in a few hours , so i´m getting Psyched up for that .
Good to have seen everybody .
Steve

Edited by steve robinson (03/22/09 07:31 AM)

#84084 - 03/23/09 07:44 AM Re: Madrid: possible get together? [Re: steve robinson]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I am thinking of you, Steve! Good luck with the classes today!

It was a fun Saturday evening! I am so glad to have found Cardamomo. What a great place. The guys at the door were annoying, but the flamenco was great.

I am back in NY with lots of great memories of the 9 days in Spain. Although it was short, it was intense. I am glad to have discovered a few new places and to have returned to some of my favorite spots too.

Thanks for meeting me for lunch, and for a great night on Saturday. You guys are the best!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments