Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84075 - 03/22/09 07:05 AM Madrid: Hostal Cervantes
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Hi all. I don't post much here anymore, but felt I had to return a favour. I found Hostal Cervantes for a recent trip to Madrid through looking on the main accommodation page. It's the best place I've ever stayed at in Madrid - the prices were good (from 40Euros a room), the use of the internet on a common pc was free, and everything seemed well maintained. I also liked the location - a long way from the main madness and very quiet at night, yet close to Huertas and Sol centres. The only drawback was some building work daytime next door, which was not in the hostal's power to affect. Even so the price/value factor was exceptionally high. Highly recommended.

hostal cervantes

Edited by MadridMan (03/22/09 07:18 PM)
Edit Reason: included city indicator in subject.

#84079 - 03/22/09 12:17 PM Madrid: Hostal Cervantes [Re: filbert]
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
filbert,

In 1999 I stayed in Hostal Dulcinea across the street and I believe it has the same owners. Everything you've said about Hostal Cervantes applies to Hostal Dulcinea. A real bargain and fairly quiet, as far as street noise goes. Sometimes it was noisy in the middle of the night when other occupants of the building decided to celebrate late. I reciprocated though by making as much noise as possible when I woke up early in the morning to catch a train to Cordoba.

Edited by MadridMan (03/23/09 04:29 AM)
Edit Reason: include hostel link

#84083 - 03/23/09 06:44 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Cervantes [Re: gazpacho]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I stayed in the Hostal Cervantes for 2 weeks when I first arrived in Madrid ... I loved the location . The rooms were cheap and clean . The owner is a very nica and helpful guy . I would say that I had a room at the back ... Not overlooking the street and it DID get quite noisy sometimes . But overall it´s a great budget option for staying in Madrid ! Steve

#84458 - 05/23/09 08:52 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Cervantes [Re: steve robinson]
samuel Offline

Hello, I hope one of you who stayed at the hotel Cervantes can tell me the prices for 2 people and also the address. Would appreciae it. Thank you. Sam

#84463 - 05/24/09 11:01 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Cervantes [Re: samuel]
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Samuel,

Nothing could be simpler. Click on the hotel link above. The rate for a double is 50 euros per weekday and 55 euros per weekend. The address is Calle Cervantes 34, Madrid 28014. The email address and telephone number are on this website as well.

Just one warning. Although the location appears quiet, I was a victim of crime on Calle Cervantes. Just be careful when it appears too quiet. If no one else is out on the streets, try to leave the area immediately.

Edited by gazpacho (05/24/09 11:05 AM)
Edit Reason: Additional Information

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments