Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84002 - 03/12/09 12:45 PM crocs popular in Spain???
3wa Offline

I just want to know if those croc sandals are okay for adults to wear in Spain. I know for kids, it's probably just fine.
Also, we'll be in Seville,Ronda, and Granada at the end of April with toddlers, what kind of clothing we should have for them.
Thanks a lot.

Edited by 3wa (03/12/09 02:31 PM)

#84006 - 03/12/09 05:36 PM Re: crocs popular in Spain??? [Re: 3wa]
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
You can certainly wear them, but kids and adults here wouldn't... unless they were at the pool or beach.

#84008 - 03/13/09 03:27 AM Re: crocs popular in Spain??? No! [Re: madridmadridmadrid]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I have to admit that I don't even know what "croc sandals" are! But upon conducting a web search, I find them at http://www.crocs.com/ and here's a photo of one of the styles:

I actually HAVE seen these before but never knew what they were called. But no, you never see these here in Spain. They don't exactly look comfortable for walking up through, say, Granada's cobbly Albaicin or over Madrid's Plaza Mayor paver stones. Nor do you see "flip flops" in Spain - except on tourists.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84009 - 03/13/09 06:32 AM Re: crocs popular in Spain??? No! [Re: MadridMan]
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
these shoes are perfect for going in the sea or walking along pebble beaches, but as the above post says not very comfy for walking as they can rub and cause blisters (unless you are wearing socks) not very with it in my opinion but then again what is style if YOU feel comfy in them.
I have a pair that i use to go to my garage or garden i slip on when its wet, but never in public grin

Edited by billy the man (03/13/09 06:35 AM)
Edit Reason: to add on to post

#84010 - 03/13/09 08:36 AM Re: crocs popular in Spain??? No! [Re: billy the man]
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
MM - boy you have been gone from the states if you dont know what crocs are!! A few of my English friends in Almeria have crocs... seems more popular on young kids I think - toddlers really. But I would have to say I have seen many people wearing flip flops... mostly in the coastal cities.. and not just tourists.

#84012 - 03/13/09 05:01 PM Re: crocs popular in Spain??? No! [Re: CascadaDuSel]
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Ahhh flipflops. I missed them so much when I lived in Granada... broke down a couple times in the spring and wore them out in public... one of my spaniard friends kept commenting on how in the world could i stand those shoes and the noise (the flop sound) they make every step you take? the joke became that uh oh, kelly we was wearing her noisy shoes today.:-)

#84013 - 03/13/09 06:55 PM Re: crocs popular in Spain??? No! [Re: kelar419]
3wa Offline

Thanks for all the answers. Crocs are really comfortable and light weight. We'll bring them just as slippers for inside, and beach or maybe play grounds.

Could some one give me some suggestions about clothing for the toddlers in Seville, Granada area? Seville seems pretty hot already, what about Granada and Ronda?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments