Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#83974 - 03/10/09 09:25 AM a second job
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Hi
I wonder if anyone can help me.
I have a full-time job here in Madrid, jornada completa, contract of employment, and want to know what I need to do if i want to do any work in my spare time - I dont want to do any extra work illegally, but dont know what I have to do - can I register as autonomo if i already have a contract of work - i dont want any extra work to jeopardise my job - and is there a limit I can earn apart from my regular job before I have to do something about it or not?
Thanks for any help!
Sally

#83975 - 03/10/09 10:22 AM Re: a second job [Re: sallyanne]
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Please dont send me to the www.aeat.es website, i got so confused trying to find the information i want there!!

#83976 - 03/10/09 12:33 PM Re: a second job [Re: sallyanne]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
sallyanne, first of all, what's your nationality? That's the first big question. I don't recall now if you're British or United Statesen or "other".

You say you have a work contract. But do you have residency yet? If not, I believe THAT'S what you'll need to file for autonomo status. That's what I have. If you're already paying social security and pension I imagine you already do have residency. And if so, I believe you can file for autonomo status. (i.e. "self employed")

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#83977 - 03/10/09 12:53 PM Re: a second job [Re: MadridMan]
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Dear MadridMan,

Yes, I do have residency, and am british, how do I go about filing for autonomo status and how much does it cost please?

You could send the reply to my yahoo email address if you would rather. I believe that I have it registered here with my account details. Thank you.

Also, there isn't any reason why I shouldn't be both employed AND self-employed, is there?

Thanks,
Sally

Edited by MadridMan (03/10/09 04:50 PM)
Edit Reason: combining consecutive posts & correcting MadridMan's name

#83986 - 03/11/09 04:59 AM Re: a second job [Re: sallyanne]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
sallyanne, I don't think I can answer your question about how to go about filing for autonomo status. My memory is pretty bad about such things. Let me ask around and get back to you.

I don't know for sure but "being both" employed AND self-employed. Any Spaniards out there have that answer?

You if like, I could put you in touch with my "gestor" here in Madrid. He's Irish and helped me a lot directing me after I moved to Madrid.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#83988 - 03/11/09 07:28 AM Re: a second job [Re: sallyanne]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Te respondo en español, para no equivocarme, si el moderador te lo quiere traducir????

En general SI puedes trabajar por cuenta ajena y a la vez por cuenta propia AUTONOMO

Si dispones de NIE, en tu delegación de hacienda,la que corresponda en tu domicilio fiscal, rellenas el impreso modelo nº36 y después te das de alta en AUTONOMOS ( ya puedes emitir facturas).El coste mínimo de AUTONOMOS 2009 es de 248,35€ al mes,SEGURIDAD SOCIAL, y recuerda que tienes que hacer cada tres meses las liquidaciones de IVA.

#83990 - 03/11/09 09:08 AM Re: a second job [Re: jazz]
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
Quote:

Also, there isn't any reason why I shouldn't be both employed AND self-employed, is there?

Maybe.

The reason why very few people do this is because you will have to pay double social security--you'll continue to pay it at your cuenta ajena job and will need to pay it again as an autónoma. As jazz says, for an autónomo, the seguridad social is at least 250 euros per month. The way many people get around this is to only darse de alta as an autómomo during months when they are getting paid. You only have to pay social security as an autónomo when you are "dado de alta."

#83992 - 03/11/09 12:56 PM Re: a second job [Re: madridmadridmadrid]
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Thanks for all you help so far - is there any limit to the amount of times you can register as dado de alta and dado de baja in a year? Could I for example go and get a supply of this form (nº 36) and fill it in whenever necessary? Or go and get one whenever necessary, or is there a limit to the amount of times a year I could do it?

#83994 - 03/11/09 04:27 PM Re: a second job [Re: sallyanne]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

I´m Sorry ,it in spanish.

Creo que te puedes dar de alta y de baja tantas veces cuando quieras.Pero ten en cuenta, tus declaraciones trimestrales de IVA y pagos a cuenta de IRPF( impuesto de la renta personas fisicas).

DARTE DE BAJA:Ir a la delegación de hacienda para darte de baja en el CENSO DE ACTIVIDADES CAUSA:cese de actividad, impreso modelo 036 ó 037.Con el impreso anterior sellado, te vas a tu oficina de la seguridad social TGSS, para darte de baja en AUTONOMOS (RETA).

!Ojo! Tienes seis dias para darte de baja del mes anterior, la TGSS cobra todo el mes. te des de baja el 10, el 20 EL 25....
Ejemplo: Si el último mes que quieres pagar el Marzo, puedes darte de baja hasta el 6 de Junio y asi no te cobrarán Junio.

De todas las maneras allí te informan. Un saludo, y suerte, no es tan difícil como parece

#83995 - 03/11/09 04:31 PM Re: a second job [Re: jazz]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Jazz, not 6 de JUNIO, sino 6 Abril.
¿Estaré pensando en las vacaciones del verano?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments