Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#83788 - 02/13/09 12:08 AM Continental Airlines Sale to Europe
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Continental just started a fare sale to Europe. I was able to get a ticket to Madrid in March for several hundred dollars less than the rest of the pack.

Continental Sale

#83791 - 02/13/09 04:49 AM Re: Continental Airlines Sale to Europe [Re: Mongo]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Well call us when you get here amigo .. I´m sure Marlon ( the guy you met from Ecuador ) would love to catch up with you , as would I .

#83794 - 02/13/09 06:43 AM Re: Continental Airlines Sale to Europe [Re: steve robinson]
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Those are some really great fares (as long as they last ...)! The Shannon & Dublin fares are essentially 'matching' AerLingus Spring & Summer fares. I'm sure other Foreign Flag Carriers will offer competitive TransAtlantic fares with the Economys 'in the tank.'

#83891 - 02/23/09 01:02 PM Re: Continental Airlines Sale to Europe [Re: Mongo]
EchoFox Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Great sale and very timely. However, wouldn't it be great if you could stay longer in Madrid for the same fare. It truly is an injustice to go to Madrid for only one week. Heavens, it takes a week just to catch up in what the happenings are in Madrid. One fantastic city as well as one fantastic country.

#83895 - 02/23/09 03:24 PM Re: Continental Airlines Sale to Europe [Re: Mongo]
EchoFox Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Mongo,
I presume that this is a round trip fare. I am wondering if one can stay longer than the 7 nights they list as the airfare. What do you think?

#83898 - 02/23/09 11:24 PM Re: Continental Airlines Sale to Europe [Re: EchoFox]
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I'm staying for 12 days and I don't believe the restrictions are that tight. Try a few dates on their website. My fare was $501 r/t from Minneapolis to Madrid, less taxes.

#83907 - 02/26/09 01:35 PM Re: Continental Airlines Sale to Europe [Re: Mongo]
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
These are great - I just got one from Delta (NWA) for April for 551 to Malaga fom Tampa - cheapest fares I have seen in a while... summer ones are pretty reasonable if you book them now as well - I am sure they will go up but they seem pretty low this year!

#83911 - 02/27/09 02:48 PM Re: Continental Airlines Sale to Europe [Re: CascadaDuSel]
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
I signed up on Kayak (airfare search website) for a program called fare alert. You put in the 'from' and 'to' airports, the max $ you are willing to pay, and how often you want to be notified.

So in my case, every day that an airline is offering a flight from Miami to Madrid r/t for under $500, they send me an email.

I just bought a ticket last week r/t (and non-stop!) for $367 on American Airlines for travel in May 09.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments