Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#83704 - 01/26/09 03:02 PM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: MadridMan]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Excuse me, I could not say goodbye, in the brillant, the aggressive wine,(me sentó como una patada en los ......)

Mr David agreeable company. A greeting to all

#83707 - 01/27/09 04:13 PM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: jazz]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Here are some of my photos of the "Party with MadridMan".

Above: L-R: steve robinson, Daniel, replay, Marlon, Antonio, and Mongo (pixeled out pending permission)

Above: L-R front row: David, Neil DeLa Cruz, Valenciano_en_Madrid, Jesús, and Antonio's back there towards the right.

Above, L-R: Valenciano_en_Madrid, Dave (center)

Above: L-R: 4 Cool Guys cool

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#83712 - 01/28/09 11:12 PM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: MadridMan]
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Lest I'm mistaken, I see a couple of Philippina girls in the background. God bless them, they sure like getting their pictures taken.

Last time I was there, I noticed there is still a large community of Philippinos in Madrid.

#83713 - 01/29/09 11:42 AM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: gazpacho]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Gazpacho , there´s a huge Filipino community here , mostly working in the service industries .. restaurants , hotels , house cleaners etc... They are well respected for being hard working , friendly and honest . I´m very close to that community and have always been impressed by their attitude . And , yes , they love photos and the Filipinos love to party .... Old and young . The Filipino food is very good . Every year , here in Madrid near El Estadio Santiago Bernabeu , the Filipino community hold a great party for their indepndence day in the yard of a high school .. Great fun and hugely attended .. Food , BBQ , Singers etc . I recently went to the baptism of the son of Filipino friends . The party afterwards was attended by at least 100 Filipinos . It´s a very very well connected community . Steve

#83714 - 01/29/09 12:34 PM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: steve robinson]
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Yes Steve,

I married my Philippina wife in Torrejon de Ardoz and am quite familiar with the Philippino community in Madrid. It makes me happy every time I return to Spain to still see it. When I visited in 1999, I attended the independence day party, June 12, I believe. And we always visit friends that we remember from 1977-1980. Some married to Spaniards, some still plodding along on their own. The only downside to the Spanish/Philippino ralationship is the tragic stories I hear from them when they become entangled in the Spanish justice system.

I maintain a close relation with the Philippino community here in Michigan, and one of the priest of my church is a good friend and a Philippino. They are a delightful people, no matter where you contact them in this world.

I just find it amusing to see a couple of Philippinas in a MadridMan eek (oops...almost did the small 'm' thing) gathering. Speaking from personal experience, anyone would be quite fortunate to marry one.

#83715 - 01/29/09 05:22 PM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: gazpacho]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Wow ! Thanks for the story Gazpacho ... You definitely know better than me hahahaha ... I think the situation with immigration into Spain is always difficult .. Not just for Phillipinos ... Even for me , as a "European" , ... OK I can come and go as I please , but if I want residency here it would be a beaurocratic nightmare !
And , though i´m gay , I can say that I know some drop-dead beautiful Phillipinas . Very elegant .
best regards , Gazpacho . Steve

#83763 - 02/08/09 04:26 PM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: steve robinson]
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Some would say the pixels are an improvement, but permission is granted.

#83847 - 02/17/09 06:26 PM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: Mongo]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
wow sorry i missed it, it looks fantastic those photos. darn it, well as the saying goes, it will be next time ::)

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments