Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#83704 - 01/26/09 03:02 PM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: MadridMan]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Excuse me, I could not say goodbye, in the brillant, the aggressive wine,(me sentó como una patada en los ......)

Mr David agreeable company. A greeting to all

#83707 - 01/27/09 04:13 PM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: jazz]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Here are some of my photos of the "Party with MadridMan".

Above: L-R: steve robinson, Daniel, replay, Marlon, Antonio, and Mongo (pixeled out pending permission)

Above: L-R front row: David, Neil DeLa Cruz, Valenciano_en_Madrid, Jesús, and Antonio's back there towards the right.

Above, L-R: Valenciano_en_Madrid, Dave (center)

Above: L-R: 4 Cool Guys cool

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#83712 - 01/28/09 11:12 PM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: MadridMan]
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Lest I'm mistaken, I see a couple of Philippina girls in the background. God bless them, they sure like getting their pictures taken.

Last time I was there, I noticed there is still a large community of Philippinos in Madrid.

#83713 - 01/29/09 11:42 AM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: gazpacho]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Gazpacho , there´s a huge Filipino community here , mostly working in the service industries .. restaurants , hotels , house cleaners etc... They are well respected for being hard working , friendly and honest . I´m very close to that community and have always been impressed by their attitude . And , yes , they love photos and the Filipinos love to party .... Old and young . The Filipino food is very good . Every year , here in Madrid near El Estadio Santiago Bernabeu , the Filipino community hold a great party for their indepndence day in the yard of a high school .. Great fun and hugely attended .. Food , BBQ , Singers etc . I recently went to the baptism of the son of Filipino friends . The party afterwards was attended by at least 100 Filipinos . It´s a very very well connected community . Steve

#83714 - 01/29/09 12:34 PM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: steve robinson]
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Yes Steve,

I married my Philippina wife in Torrejon de Ardoz and am quite familiar with the Philippino community in Madrid. It makes me happy every time I return to Spain to still see it. When I visited in 1999, I attended the independence day party, June 12, I believe. And we always visit friends that we remember from 1977-1980. Some married to Spaniards, some still plodding along on their own. The only downside to the Spanish/Philippino ralationship is the tragic stories I hear from them when they become entangled in the Spanish justice system.

I maintain a close relation with the Philippino community here in Michigan, and one of the priest of my church is a good friend and a Philippino. They are a delightful people, no matter where you contact them in this world.

I just find it amusing to see a couple of Philippinas in a MadridMan eek (oops...almost did the small 'm' thing) gathering. Speaking from personal experience, anyone would be quite fortunate to marry one.

#83715 - 01/29/09 05:22 PM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: gazpacho]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Wow ! Thanks for the story Gazpacho ... You definitely know better than me hahahaha ... I think the situation with immigration into Spain is always difficult .. Not just for Phillipinos ... Even for me , as a "European" , ... OK I can come and go as I please , but if I want residency here it would be a beaurocratic nightmare !
And , though i´m gay , I can say that I know some drop-dead beautiful Phillipinas . Very elegant .
best regards , Gazpacho . Steve

#83763 - 02/08/09 04:26 PM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: steve robinson]
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Some would say the pixels are an improvement, but permission is granted.

#83847 - 02/17/09 06:26 PM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: Mongo]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
wow sorry i missed it, it looks fantastic those photos. darn it, well as the saying goes, it will be next time ::)

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments