Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#83601 - 01/13/09 11:36 PM Re: ALERT! Our New Message Board is on its way! [Re: billy the man]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

I'll see if I can do this on the new board and give a step-by-step instructions.

1. Click on "Switch to Full Reply Screen."

2. Once you are in full reply screen mode, click on the icon that is "create a link to a webpage." It looks like a little globe, and it is the second icon from the left.

3. A window should pop up that says "Enter the complete URL for the link you wish to add." (That's what mine says; I use Internet Explorer. Not sure if it'd be different in Firefox)

4. Paste your link's URL (address) into the box here and hit OK.

5. A second window should pop up immediately that says "Now enter the title of the webpage you are linking to." Create a name for the page. As an example, I created the Art in Madrid link to a New York Times article about Spanish banks supporting art in Madrid museums. Art in Madrid

Hopefully this makes sense for you! xfingers

#83639 - 01/17/09 07:47 AM Re: ALERT! Our New Message Board is HERE! [Re: la historiadora]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I've just added a load of new Spain-related "AVATARS" to the message board. clap

Those few whom have already chosen the original (and boring) "Stock Avatars" can keep them if you like or you can change them to the new Avatars.

huh "What are Avatars?" you ask? Avatars are the things you can add to your profile to better personalize your postings. For example, I have a little guy pounding away on a computer keyboard. See it at the left? You can have one too.

huh "How do I add an avatar to my profile?", you ask? Follow the instructions below:

• Click on "My Stuff"
  • Click on "Profile"
  • Scroll down towards the bottom and choose "Use a stock avatar"
  • Click the link below it which says, "Change"
  • A pop-up window will appear with the new library of Spain-related Avatars to use
  • Select one by clicking on the image, scroll right & left using the << >> links
  • Click the "Use this Avatar" button
  • Then finally, click the "SUBMIT" button to save changes

From that point on, until you change it, that image Avatar will appear next to all your message board postings.

Here is the current library of images from which to choose:

Puerta de Alcala in Madrid Railing surround la Bahia de la Concha in San Sebastian Santiago de Compostela Cathedral Seville's Torre de Oro

If you'd like to see other kinds of Spain-related Avatars available, suggest them here in this thread.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#83640 - 01/17/09 11:07 AM Re: ALERT! Our New Message Board is HERE! [Re: MadridMan]
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
Thanks, these are so cool, it's hard to choose.....

#83643 - 01/17/09 01:38 PM Re: ALERT! Our New Message Board is HERE! [Re: Kipper]
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
MM...these avatars are so much better than the previous ones. They fit the theme of the board. I was excited to see one for San Miguel beer. It's one of my favorite beers, also because it is my middle name...San Miguel (not beer!)hehehe! grin

#83652 - 01/18/09 06:58 AM Re: ALERT! Our New Message Board is HERE! [Re: OsoMajor]
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
MM
quite a few of the avatars are not avaialble in the choices

ignore this post im sorry ive found them and i cannot delete this post myself SORRY

Edited by billy the man (01/18/09 07:00 AM)

#83654 - 01/18/09 01:12 PM Re: ALERT! Our New Message Board is HERE! [Re: billy the man]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Glad you all found them. Again, if there are others you'd like to see just let me know and I'll see what I can do. thumbsup

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#83665 - 01/20/09 05:22 PM Re: ALERT! Our New Message Board is HERE! [Re: MadridMan]
jmvaco Offline

Loc: arizona
We need a horreo from Galicia

#83666 - 01/20/09 05:57 PM Re: ALERT! Our New Message Board is HERE! [Re: jmvaco]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

jmvaco, how's this horreo from Galicia below? You'll find it now in the Avatar image library. thumbsup Your wish is my command. laugh

Saludos, MadridMan

#83845 - 02/17/09 06:21 PM Re: ALERT! Our New Message Board is HERE! [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
great looks first time seeing it, good going buddy.

#84242 - 04/14/09 06:28 AM Re: ALERT! Our New Message Board is on its way! [Re: MadridMan]
Cruiser Offline

Hi all, this is my first post and will be arriving in Mardid in late May 2009. I will be staying at the Husa Princesa which is on Calle de la Princesa road and need to know where all the Internet Cafes are that are close to the Hotel. Wifi fees are very expensive at the hotel, so I want to skype my family back home in Australia while I am in Madrid.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments