Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#70257 - 07/01/08 11:14 PM PBS Made In Spain
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Since I've been gone for a while I'm not really sure what topics have been already discussed so I'm gonna take a leap of faith and ask if anyone has seen the program Made In Spain on PBS? It's hosted by Chef Jose Andres, a well known chef from Spain that has a couple of popular restaurants in Washington DC. The program has been airing here in the States for a couple of months and it features dishes from all of Spain's regions, focusing on one region at a time. The chef then heads off to his home to recreate the dishes for the audiences. It's a very good food program, very lively. Here's the link to the website giving more details on the show and chef Jose Andres.

PBS Made In Spain

#70258 - 07/02/08 04:02 AM Re: PBS Made In Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks for the notice, OsoMajor! And Welcome Back!!! :jump: thumbsup

Seems member esperanza beat you to this one. She started a (long) thread on 1-29-2008 entitled " José made in Spain ". There, she gives a link to a flash file which now no longer works but the "base" link does: http://www.josemadeinspain.com/

Just watched the 58 second promotional video for "PBS Made In Spain" using OsoMajor's link above. Man! That looks good. That page says,
Quote:
Made in Spain premieres Saturday, February 2, 2008. Check Local Listings to see when it is airing on your local PBS station.
So we've missed 5 months of this program.

I hope, but don't expect, PBS (USA's Public Broadcasting System - public television) to put this entire program online weekly - or monthly. Their page says they're selling a DVD of all 26 episodes.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#83607 - 01/14/09 11:03 AM Re: PBS Made In Spain [Re: MadridMan]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

I'm going to start this thread again. I don't know if anyone else has been watching this show, but I LOVE it! I highly recommend it for anyone who loves Spain, who is going to Spain for the first time, who loves Spanish food, etc. When the show first started broadcasting, it showed at a strange time by me so I always missed it. However, I then discovered that I can watch it on Netflix! So, whenever I want to watch a quick 25 minute episode, I turn on my computer and I can choose which one I want to see.

Jose has such enthusiasm for Spain and Spanish food, and I always learn something new when I watch the show. I've even been inspired to try a few new dishes after watching him cook as he makes it look very easy. I was really disappointed with the "Spain on the Road Again" show with Mario and Gwyneth (although yes, they do go to great places), so I was very happy to find this show. Try to watch it if you haven't already seen it! grin

#83611 - 01/14/09 11:15 AM Re: PBS Made In Spain [Re: la historiadora]
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
I love this show too ... and the music he uses ... although it seems to be the same in every episode... I can never watch this show when I am hungry though - it makes me want to eat everything he makes!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments