Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#39992 - 11/12/08 07:55 AM Madrid: Metro Nuevos Ministerious
blueterrier Offline

Just back from another cracking weekend watching the whites but yet again the metro thieves are on the prowl, seems to be a gang of three young women and one bloke who are working the Santiago/Nuevos stops, we saw them try the old push on at the last minute pickpocket sketch three times whilst on the opposite platform, then lo and behold when we were returning from Bernabau they got on the same train but one of the girls was sussed out and recieved a sharp elbow in the face from a German woman

Great city, pity about this problem

Hala Madrid

#39993 - 11/13/08 07:48 PM Re: Madrid: Metro Nuevos Ministerious
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
thanks for the update i am going for the Sevilla game on the 7th and will take nuevos ministerios .
ahh nothing new, life goes on, a bit of entertainment on the metro otherwise dull ride.jejejeejeje

#39994 - 11/13/08 07:57 PM Re: Madrid: Metro Nuevos Ministerious
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I feel REALLY "out of the loop" here. Why haven't *I* ever seen any shenanigans here in Madrid???? confused 3 years and still no sight of crime. Hmph! rolleyes I'd love to point out to some victim that his wallet or purse is about to be poached!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#39995 - 11/13/08 08:03 PM Re: Madrid: Metro Nuevos Ministerious
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
MadridMan on the prowl, if help, just a click away!!!Unless they took the clicky thingy...

#39996 - 11/18/08 03:54 AM Re: Madrid: Metro Nuevos Ministerious
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
MadridMan, Ive been here a year and have only seen one incident and that was a robbery of someone right outside a jewelery shop just off the Plaza Mayor, in August, and the police caught the guy. He had stabbed his victim and grabbed the bag containing whatever he had just bought from the jewelery shop. The guy wasn't hurt very badly luckily, and the thief/attacker was caught, as we saw the police bring him to the shop to be identified by the victim.

#39997 - 11/18/08 05:19 PM Re: Madrid: Metro Nuevos Ministerious
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Yikes! eek I've been here nearly 3-years and haven't seen or been victim of anything! Once someone did try to put their hand in my bag, however, but it was fastened. But then again, I don't take the metro everyday, and almost never at rush hour.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#39998 - 11/24/08 09:03 AM Re: Madrid: Metro Nuevos Ministerious
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Oooh, A friend who came to visit last week from Benidorm had her purse stolen from her pocket on the metro between Atocha Renfe and Tirso de Molina, it was a gang again, as once we realised that it had happened we knew who it was - we just didnt realise it at the time!! Luckily she didnt have all her money in it, or any credit cards!! THey crowded up against us on the metro, giving the impression that it was more full than it actually was.

#83491 - 01/01/09 07:36 AM Re: Madrid: Metro Nuevos Ministerious [Re: sallyanne]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Ahhh Benidorm ! Have you seen the tv series ( UK TV ) ?.. It's hilarious .. I have the DVDs here in Madrid and my Spanish friends love them . I went to Benidorm last year .. not my style at all !!... but not ALL bad . My flatmate is from La Nucia , a beautiful town near Benidorm and mispent his youth in downtown Benidorm .. He showed me the "sights" . Steve

#83532 - 01/05/09 05:06 AM Re: Madrid: Metro Nuevos Ministerious [Re: steve robinson]
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Yes i have seen the TV series, scarily true to life in Benidorm!! My parents have lived there for 7 years now, but rarely go into the centre - i dont like it much myself, a bit like Blackpool in Spain - marginally better than Blackpool!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments