Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#83511 - 01/02/09 06:44 PM Where to stay in Barcelona and Madrid in March?
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I got the best Christmas gift from my husband! A week in Spain in March to visit my daughter who is studying in Madrid! So, I will be solo on this trip and was wondering if any one had any ideas for an inexpensive place to stay in Madrid. I am also going to take my daughter to Barcelona for a long weekend too, so if anyone has any ideas for a good centrally located place to stay in Barcelona, I would also appreciate it.

I am thinking of http://www.hotel-inglaterra.com/# Hotel Inglaterra in Barcelona. Although it is a bit pricey, I like the location. Any other ideas? Where did you stay, MadridMan, when you went to Barcelona?

In Madrid I am thinking of http://www.hostalpersal.com/index.php Hostal Persal, http://www.adrianohostal.com/ingles/habitaciones.htm Hostal Adriano (if they have an elevator??) or Hotel Atlántico http://www.hotel-atlantico.com/ or Hotel Tirol http://www.hotel-tirol.com/ (which is close to where my daughter lives.)

I am so excited to be going to Madrid again!! I hope we can all meet up again when I am there!

Thanks for your ideas! And HAPPY NEW YEAR!

#83512 - 01/02/09 10:15 PM Re: Where to stay in Barcelona and Madrid in March? [Re: esperanza]
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
(in Madrid) The Hostal Adriano has had an elevator for quite awhile. It is always my choice.

Matt

Edited by MadridMan (01/03/09 04:15 AM)

#83513 - 01/03/09 04:45 AM Re: Where to stay in Barcelona and Madrid in March? [Re: Mongo]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
WOW! That IS a great gift!! So that would be for your Easter Week, I'm sure.

First question is, "What's your budget?" Do you prefer "Hostales" or hotels of 1,2,3,4, or 5 stars?

In Barcelona, I've stayed in 3 "hostales" and one hotel. The hotel was the 3-Star Hotel Europark. It's well-located in the Eixample district, about 4 blocks "to the right" of the Paseo de Gracia and about 8 block "above" the Historic Center, 3-night minimum stay, very modern, could be as cheap as 102 Euros depending on the nights you choose. (so about the same price as the Hotel Inglatera) Many place have higher rates for Semana Santa/Holy Week.

The "hostales" where I'd stayed in Barcelona were the Hostal Marenostrum on Las Rambla (has elevator), Pensión Casa Goya near Plaça de Catalunya (elevator??), and Hostal Residencia Australia (no upward elevator at the time, only went down).

For Madrid, you'll find a number of reviews about the Hotel Inglatera, Hostal Adriano, & even the Hostal Persal. Not sure about the Hotel Tirol, however. Be sure to conduct a search. I've toured both Hostal Adriano and Persal, though, and both are very much like hotels - although I'd say the Adriano is much more so.

So give us your budget and we'll better narrow our suggestions.

It would be great to see you again - and so soon after your last visit.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#83523 - 01/03/09 11:28 PM Re: Where to stay in Barcelona and Madrid in March? [Re: MadridMan]
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
I was just in Barcelona and we stayed at the Hotel CRAM, I know it's a silly name, but a very cool hotel...each room came with it's own lap top, I loved it....check out their web site....it's very contemporary and we walked every where....Have fun!!!!

Edited by MadridMan (01/04/09 04:17 AM)
Edit Reason: inserted link

#83524 - 01/04/09 05:18 AM Re: Where to stay in Barcelona and Madrid in March? [Re: Kipper]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I once tried to get a room (in Madrid) at the Hostal Persal and couldn't as it was so popular . But I can't vouch for the rooms as I don't know anybody that's stayed there . However , it's very well placed , next to Plaza Santa Ana , and the lobby is very smart making it look more like a hotel . Right by the Barrio de las Letras .. I know that "Esperanza" is very familiar with Madrid so this is info for others maybe .
If there are any board members out there looking for a gay guesthouse in Barcelona I can definitely recommend a place : Beauty and the Beach is in Poble Nou , a 5 minute walk to the gay ( naturist) beach . Easy access to the metro . It's run by a gay , married couple , Matt from USA and Jose Maria from Barcelona . They have the most beautiful penthouse apartment , with huge terraces that , in summer , are used for sunbathing ( clothes optional ) and barbecues .
www.beautyandthebeach.net

Steve

Edited by MadridMan (01/05/09 02:58 AM)
Edit Reason: included city indicator

#83526 - 01/04/09 02:40 PM Re: Where to stay in Barcelona and Madrid in March? [Re: steve robinson]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
My dad has stayed at the Persal a few times and really likes it

#83527 - 01/04/09 04:39 PM Re: Where to stay in Barcelona and Madrid in March? [Re: eskimo joe]
Silver Traveler Offline

Loc: LaGrange (Near Atlanta) Georgi...
In Madrid, Hostal Adriano is an excellent choice. Ask for an interior room for quietness! Clean and well run. I was there in Feb, 08.

In Oct, 08, I returned for another trip and stayed in Hostal Dulcinea, on Calle Cervantes, toward the Prado. Great place also. Well maintained and close to everything.

I have also stayed in Barcelona - Hotel Cathedral, near the Cathedral and with a central location.

Have a great trip.

Edited by MadridMan (01/05/09 03:00 AM)
Edit Reason: added hotel links

#83530 - 01/04/09 05:00 PM Re: Where to stay in Barcelona and Madrid in March? [Re: Silver Traveler]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
thanks for your ideas! I know that whatever I choose, it will be great!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments