Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#83685 - 01/24/09 01:34 PM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: MadridMan]
Yankaluz Offline

Loc: SoCal, USA
I'm SO envious!!!

All I can say right now is Buen provecho!

#83687 - 01/24/09 06:04 PM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: steve robinson]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Thanks Steve! It's hard to believe that was already six months ago. Sigh! I don't think I'll be back this year, unfortunately, but you never know. I wasn't planning on it in 2008 and I made it over there! Hope you all had a great time tonight.

#83688 - 01/24/09 08:20 PM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: la historiadora]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Gang! Just got back, washed up, and ready for bed. But first, I wanted to give you all a brief "run down" of the evening.

It was great. I had such a good time, meeting new people, seeing old friends again, and of course, eating some really good food. cheers

Were 20 persons in total, 18 of which were men. angryfire But fine. gotcha 3 women whom told me they would come didn't show up.

We started in El Brillante at 8pm. The first person to arrive was a great Spanish guy (and Spanish teacher) named Jesús. Just about everyone arrived within 20 minutes. The conversation was lively, everyone mingled around, lots of smiled shared and beers toasted to those whom couldn't be with us tonight. We had calamares & patatas bravas.

By 10:15pm or so, about half of us decided to "move on" and the other 10 or so went their own direction. So we headed to Plaza Santa Ana - where we found ALL the bars quite full (or too expensive for our tastes). So we moved on toward SOL where we settled in a place called "La Alhambra". I'd been there before for drinks once and for lunch another time and I liked it. The place is quite nice but a little small for my taste. Plus, it was quite noisy with loud music which made it difficult to talk. There, we had croquetas, more calamares, and finally, a plate of fried potatoes with serrano ham and a fried egg along with wine, beer, what have you.

I left the bar "La Alhambra" at about 12:15pm - as did Antonio and replay - and we three kings had one last drink at a small bar in Opera before we each went our respective ways. I got home at 1:45pm via metro.

So the night, at least for me, was a complete success. I was SO happy to see my old message board friends Mongo, SRedw, Damian, Steve Robinson, replay, & Antonio. And I also made some new Facebook friends too which was nice. Jesús, the first person to arrive to El Brillante, was a real character, possibly "The Life of the Party", very lively, energetic, personable and talkative. A great guy.

El Brillante was the perfect place to start as there was lots of space for our group, the food and drinks were good-n-cheap, (the calamares were perfect!) and it wasn't noisy at all. Of course, there was really no place to sit either but that didn't seem to bother anyone.

Tomorrow, I'll post some photos. We took A LOT, but let the first 1.5 hours pass without taking any because of all the conversation. Now, time for bed. It's 2:20am. Not late by Spanish standards but it's WAY past MY bedtime.

Saludos, MadridMan sleeping

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#83689 - 01/24/09 09:15 PM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: MadridMan]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Wow! Sounds like a great time was had by all! Wish I could've been to this one...Will have to wait till next Christmas in lieu of our annual summer jaunt.

MM, please post photos! Miss you guys....Steve Robinson, la historiadora, MM, esperanza...can't wait to see you all again one day!

#83691 - 01/25/09 11:49 AM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: laduque]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I have to say that it was a great night ! Though I was a bit bleary eyed after nearly 5 consecutive nights of Partying .,. But We went to Atocha and I met with all these great guys . Mongo ¨: Promise us that you´ll call us when you´re visiting Madrid again.. You´re a star amigo !
My new friends , Dan ( England ) and Marlon ( Ecuador ) .. I hope to see you guys soon .. Maybe we can watch some rugby during the 6 Nations ? That would be very cool .
We stayed on at the Alhambra bar .. I got home at 3am .. And I was happy as a sandboy ...
Thanks MM for setting everything up ... Great fun ... And let´s do it again !
Steve

#83692 - 01/25/09 11:53 AM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: steve robinson]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Oh .. And Shawn .. We really didn´t meet .. But I hope we do next time !

#83694 - 01/26/09 08:44 AM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: steve robinson]
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I am sorry i missed it - i was at home in bed being ill!!!

#83695 - 01/26/09 11:46 AM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: sallyanne]
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Hi!!!
I had a great time with the MM members and friends. A huge group of people of many different nacionalities, really friendly people.
Thank you all, guys and girls (I hope more girls will join us next time, there were lots of gorgeus men available, hahaha).
See you soon.

#83700 - 01/26/09 02:16 PM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: Valenciano_en_Madrid]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Yeah we need more women .... ( Not for me hahahaha! ) But to make the balance . Steve

#83701 - 01/26/09 02:34 PM Re: 24 Jan.'09: Party with MadridMan in Madrid! [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I too hope more women will join in the next time. We were supposed to have 2 more (who RSVP's) but they didn't show up.

But there were several very-well-dressed guys there, excluding myself, that is.

steve robinson, have those photos uploaded, do you? Have a good trip tomorrow!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments