Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#83453 - 12/24/08 12:50 PM Re: ALERT! Our New Message Board is on its way! [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Sorry, folks! I've sent an email to the tech support person and hope we'll have an answer tonight but, well, it's Christmas Eve so you never know. Sorry for the problem! The software says that all registered users should be able to use the message board. I've even registered a temporary account to see what you see - and I SEE that you DON'T SEE the text editor box!! ARGH!!! mad

Please keep checking back! Thanks.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#83455 - 12/25/08 03:44 AM Re: ALERT! Our New Message Board is on its way! [Re: MadridMan]
JohnQUser Offline

Ta-Dah!!! It works!! (I'm MadridMan in disguise!)

#83456 - 12/25/08 03:47 AM Re: ALERT! Our New Message Board HERE! [Re: JohnQUser]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Woo Hoo!!!! FINALLY, IT WORKS!! thumbsup "I don't need no stinkin' technical support!" I figured it out on my own and it works! And on Christmas Day, no less. WHO SAYS NO ONE WORKS ON CHRISTMAS EXCEPT SANTA??! santa hehehe... This is my gift to you.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#83458 - 12/25/08 04:39 AM Re: ALERT! Our New Message Board HERE! [Re: MadridMan]
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
YES WERE UP AND RUNNING SUPER

"MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE"

looks like the site is a good one thanks very much

looks like its congratulations to Kipper for being the first to post on the new site
(after MM/johnQUser)

well done kipper :clap: :clap: :clap:

Edited by billy the man (12/25/08 04:51 AM)
Edit Reason: to add on

#83459 - 12/25/08 04:57 AM Re: ALERT! Our New Message Board HERE! [Re: billy the man]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

We won't count "JohnQUser" - because he was/is me as a tester.

I'm not a big fan of the new "Posting Icons" or "graemlins". Anyone else agree? They seem to have been drawn by an 8-Year Old. Should we keep them or dump them?

Let the "tweaking" continue!

Saludos, MadridMan

#83460 - 12/25/08 05:07 AM Re: ALERT! Our New Message Board HERE! [Re: MadridMan]
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

i could not get the posting icons to work (dont worry that will be me)
but the smiley in the left hand corner works
and i agree with you about the gremlins could be better
DUMP THEM (but only for better ones if possible) because i do enjoy useing/seeing them
great site im finding differant things all the time
great idea of whose online and calender thanks again :thumbsup:

just seen how the posting icons work they are on the topic page

Edited by billy the man (12/25/08 05:27 AM)
Edit Reason: just realized why i could not get something to work

#83462 - 12/26/08 01:41 AM Re: ALERT! Our New Message Board HERE! [Re: billy the man]
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
Thanks so much!!! I love the new board!!! :tree: :santa:
Merry Xmas !!!!!
Karen

#83464 - 12/26/08 02:27 AM Re: ALERT! Our New Message Board HERE! [Re: Kipper]
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

when online i know what guest are but what are spiders?

#83466 - 12/26/08 04:10 AM Re: ALERT! Our New Message Board HERE! [Re: billy the man]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hi, everyone! Hope you all had a nice Christmas/Hanukkah/Holiday.

Hehehe... "Spiders" are also known as "Web Crawlers" and are:

Quote:
Many sites, in particular search engines, use spidering as a means of providing up-to-date data. Web crawlers are mainly used to create a copy of all the visited pages for later processing by a search engine that will index the downloaded pages to provide fast searches. Crawlers can also be used for automating maintenance tasks on a Web site, such as checking links or validating HTML code.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_crawler)

Once again, this is not the final "look" to the message board. I'll be trying different color schemes but doubt it'll be as shockingly-bright as before. Still, I WILL attempt to inject some "Spain-ness" into the layout.

Saludos, MadridMan :headspin:

#83467 - 12/26/08 04:39 AM Re: ALERT! Our New Message Board HERE! [Re: MadridMan]
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Excellent, at last I can post - don't know why i couldnt the other day, but never mind - i hope you all had a lovely Christmas.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments