Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#83403 - 02/27/06 11:12 AM Fifth huge rally: Against the government anti-terrorist policy
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain

Hi!

I'm coming out of my exile (I'm not in Spain right now) not to have to stand ZPs policies :p to make you know that this past Saturday there was another huge demonstration in Madrid (1,400,000 persons) against the Government's surrender to ETA (the terrorist band).

Along with other measures, our mighty government has adopted these ignominious measures:
  • Breaking the Anti-terrorism Agreement with the oposition
  • Dividing the victims and accussing them of being politized
  • Allowing the terrorist band to have representation in the Basque Parlament (against our Political Party's Law)
  • Allowing the terrorist band to have business (main financiation via)
  • Having a partner (ERC independentist extreme-left party) which agreed with ETA for them not to kill only in Catalonia
  • Not condemning the last ETA bombings in Spain
  • Forcing (against law and lying without any shame) the main anti-terrorist attorney to renounce to his post
  • Trying (via the Attorney General) to free assassins responsible of more than 80 assassinations
  • And negotiating with ETA a "ceasefire" and denying it

Fernando

#83404 - 02/27/06 03:32 PM Re: Fifth huge rally: Against the government anti-terrorist policy
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hola Fernando,
I have missed you! What do you mean you are in exile?

Fernando, I cannot believe that ERC and ETA have reached an agreement about no ETA bombings in Cataluña. Does that mean that it's ok for ETA to continue their bombing in the other Spanish provinces? Madrid? Galicia? It's intolerable.

Has Zapatero worked on a ceasefire agreement with ETA? No bombings anywhere in Spain?

#83405 - 03/01/06 10:00 PM Re: Fifth huge rally: Against the government anti-terrorist policy
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
I knew that Zap is a mental midget, but then based on the events of the last couple of weeks I am not sure that our current leader is much better.

#83406 - 03/02/06 11:16 PM Re: Fifth huge rally: Against the government anti-terrorist policy
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Hello Fernando!

Nice summary, but you forgot to mention Zapatero's crazy handling of Catalan extremists.

His appeasement of ETA and his surrender of Catalunya are ludicrous. It apperars from afar that he is trying to destroy 500 years of Spanish unity, what a shame.

Saludos

#83407 - 03/03/06 06:40 PM Re: Fifth huge rally: Against the government anti-terrorist policy
eltorero Offline

Could somebody explain a little more on the ERC/ETA and who they are and what they stand for? I was in Spain last summer and knew something about them being Basque separatists or something and there was a bombing while I was in San Sebastian but I never got details.

#83408 - 03/12/06 10:56 AM Re: Fifth huge rally: Against the government anti-terrorist policy
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Zapatero was elected and he is from the republican line so now you have it take it you voted him there!!!!
The man will sell except his seat in govt. no good for Spain.

#83409 - 03/18/06 09:28 AM Re: Fifth huge rally: Against the government anti-terrorist policy
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
By the way, I didn't vote him pedmar wink

ERC agreed with ETA for them not to put any bombs in catalonian territory. That means they are "allowed" to put bombs and kill in the rest of the spanish territory.

In a quick summary:

ERC (Esquerra Republicana de Catalunya - Left Republican of Catalonia) is a extreme-left independentist catalonian party which stands for the independence of Catalonian and its separation from the rest of Spain. They have 16.5% of the votes in Catalonia, and a 2.5% at national level. Since they are a key party to hold a majority with PSOE in both parlaments (Catalonian Autonomous Parlament and the Spanish National Parlament), they have a strong power base. They welcomed the catalonian independentist terrorists of Terra Lliure when this band decided to abandon the terrorism and pursue independentism by democratic means.

ETA (Euskadi Ta Askatasuna - Freedom for the Basque Country) is a extreme-left independentist basque terrorist band responsible for over 800 assassinations, kidnapping, extortions and other crimes which stands for the independentism of the Basque Country, it separation from the rest of Spain, and the creation of a marxist-leninist republic (though they have recently soften their political ideology).

As for my "exile" Booklady, I'm currently working abroad smile It's better not to be here to see what this crappy government destroy my country... Nah, I'm joking, I will return in a month or so.

Fernando

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments