Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#82984 - 06/14/05 02:45 PM Re: Huge Salamanca rally against the Government policy
JasMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
Actually Fernando is not completely right. The documents were not compiled after the civil war. Part of the archive is actually the former archive of Catalonian government during the civil war. When Franco's forces entered Barcelona, they took the archive and carried it to Salamanca.

However I believe it's a stepback to re-open all those issues from the Civil War. One of the best things of our transition was that everyone decided to forget whatever the other side had done (both Franco and the republicans have lot of things to be ashamed of) and start once again. Now it seems like some politicians is interested on talking about all that kind of stuff... I used to be really interested in our politics. Now I find both parties policies sick, making every single issue a political issue. I wish a new political party was founded. One to which I could vote gladly.

#82985 - 06/14/05 05:02 PM Re: Huge Salamanca rally against the Government policy
TJGuy Offline

Loc: Florida
How about the PMM???

Partido de Madridman?

Our platform could be 1/2 price tapas Monday through Sunday and the opening of a canal between Benidorm and Madrid so Madrid could have its own beach.

Anyone want to be P.M.?

#82986 - 06/14/05 05:37 PM Re: Huge Salamanca rally against the Government policy
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
I love this Board!

I agree TJGuy, I would love to have a new party that stands for GOOD FOOD, FUN, AND TRAVEL: Partido de MadridMan is it!

In all seriousness, I echo JasMadrid sentiments about government and political parties in particular. It would be wonderful to vote for the "hobbits" of this world. rolleyes

Power and integrity seldom go together well. Mostly our choice is between bad and worse, if we get lucky, sometimes its between worse and worse!
Sorry rolleyes I'm a bit jaded today!

#82987 - 06/15/05 12:01 AM Re: Huge Salamanca rally against the Government policy
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
Great idea TJGuy. One nomination for Fernando. laugh Any one second the motion?

#82988 - 06/15/05 04:38 AM Re: Huge Salamanca rally against the Government policy
quique Offline

Loc: alcala de henares
Those papers belong to the catalonian goverment, which was ilegalized when Franco won the Civil War. Now it is legal again, so the papers must come back to their owners.

Next week we can read another Fernando's post about another "huge rally", this time against the homosexual marriages, supported by PP and catholic conservatives groups.

#82989 - 06/15/05 05:58 AM Re: Huge Salamanca rally against the Government policy
carmendeespana Offline

Loc: Madrid
Actually not, the PP is participating in the rally of the Orgullo Gay. Rajoy himself said that yesterday on the news.

#82990 - 06/15/05 04:52 PM Re: Huge Salamanca rally against the Government policy
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
How did you know it Quique? laugh I agree with you: it will be ANOTHER huge rally.

But it is not homosexual marriages, but against the law this Government is trying to pass, and in defense of the family.

Fernando

#82991 - 06/18/05 04:25 PM Re: Huge Salamanca rally against the Government policy
quique Offline

Loc: alcala de henares
Because you're a little "plasta" with those things.

Does the PP pay you something or you write this all for free?

#82992 - 06/18/05 08:52 PM Re: Huge Salamanca rally against the Government policy
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
I write it for free, never mind wink

This is the Political Commentary forum created by MM for these kind of issues. And as long as he allows me to post here I will give my opinion on spanish political issues.

If you don't like my opinions I'm sorry. You don't have to read them if you don't want (the main reason for which this Political Commentary forum was created by the way...).

Fernando

#82993 - 07/08/05 06:57 PM Re: Huge Salamanca rally against the Government policy
Ra Offline

I want to explain somethings about it.
First, Erc isn't a communist party, Erc is a left party and they whay the independence of Catalonia.
Second, the inquiry of the goverment are very different because do a good (exact) inquiry is very expensive, then the company select the dates for a convenient result. (i study maths i know about it)
Third, the catalonia parties want some papers about the civil war because this papers was steal in Franco's period.

I don't like Carod, but teh goverment was selected in the elections and we have to respect it.
And about the great difference about the inquiries, you have to remember the manifestation about the peace in barcelona the last year. The newspaper say that 1.000.000 people was in the manifestation, the goverment say something like 400.000 people.

Sorry for my bad english. I try to imprve.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments