Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#82557 - 12/09/04 05:20 PM Re: Día de la Hispanidad 2004 and the US flag
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Ignacio,

A leech? Really? How many countries does this leech provide humanitarian aid for? How long has the rest of the world been protected by the military might of this leech? How many times did this leech have to intercede into world affairs in order to stop more violence and destruction? Also a leech needs a healthy organism in order to survive. Where would we find this?

#82558 - 12/09/04 05:36 PM Re: Día de la Hispanidad 2004 and the US flag
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
And on a positive side, leeches are a true benefit in medicine, being able to suck infection from tissue, to allow it to become healthy again.

In a way, that's kind of what the world has always expected of us, but ridicules us between such events.

Wolf

#82559 - 12/09/04 10:19 PM Re: Día de la Hispanidad 2004 and the US flag
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
You notice how he gets down on Aznar for talking to GWB, and coming to the US. For some unexplained reason he did not critize King Carlos and the Queen for going to Crawford, Texas and having a dinner with GWB on his ranch. I had high hopes for him for awhile. Now it is obvious that he does not want to be friends, and only wants to spew out his hatred. rolleyes rolleyes

#82560 - 12/10/04 03:54 AM Re: Día de la Hispanidad 2004 and the US flag
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
The Monarchy can NEVER be critiziced.

#82561 - 12/10/04 10:38 AM Re: Día de la Hispanidad 2004 and the US flag
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
The King and Queen's visit with Bush was obviously orchestrated to show there's still a bond between the US and Spain, despite the political ravings of Zapatero, who will more than likely be in the unemployment line after the next election.

Whether or not Americans "like" Zapatero, or Spaniards "like" Bush doesn't matter. What does matter is that our two nations be on friendly terms, regardless of what nit wit is in office.

You may fire when ready Gridley!

Wolf

#82562 - 12/10/04 04:20 PM Re: Día de la Hispanidad 2004 and the US flag
ColinK Offline

Loc: Atlantic Highlands, NJ- USA
we learnt to be peaceful and respectful to other countries through a terrible history and we have learnt the lesson.- Ignacio

Really ? The entire European continent just suddenly came to this conclusion all at the same time? Exactly what day and time did this mass epiphany occur ? I guess it was sometime between the end of WWII and 3 o'clock this afternoon.

#82563 - 12/10/04 04:35 PM Re: Día de la Hispanidad 2004 and the US flag
Cristobo Carrín Offline

Loc: Asturias
Colink
I think it was sometime between the beginning of WWII and the moment 50 million fellow Eurpeans lied dead.
You see, I come from a VERY conservative family, but they never told me anything good about war. I guess when you have gone through it, and seen your relatives and neighbours shot or tortured, war loses its glamour.

#82564 - 12/10/04 04:54 PM Re: Día de la Hispanidad 2004 and the US flag
ColinK Offline

Loc: Atlantic Highlands, NJ- USA
Who said anything about war being glamorous ? I just didn't know an entire continent decided the same thing at the same time. If you and Iggy really think there will never be another war in Europe, you're dreaming. This little fantasy of a borderless land where everyone gets along (even Germany) is laughable. I know, I know, the US is evil......blah blah blah

#82565 - 12/10/04 06:15 PM Re: Día de la Hispanidad 2004 and the US flag
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Hmmm.

Seems like someone might have forgot to tell the Yugoslavians. Not really so many left to tell. frown

And Cristobo. What does being conservative have to do with liking/disliking war? And yeah, I know, the U.S. is evil.

#82566 - 12/10/04 09:17 PM Re: Día de la Hispanidad 2004 and the US flag
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
There is no doubt in anyones mind that we Americans are all a bunch of low life "unsophisticated Brutes." Should there be any doubt just ask our Marx loving, terrorist loving, friend. He can tell you that all the world's ills are the fault of America. And he would have no qualms about doing so. But let me make one thing clear, I am as conservative as any American Republican ever though of being, and I hate war and everything about it. However there are times when war is the only answer. It should always be used as a last resort after all other means of the political process has been negotiated. But when those efforts have failed to bring about a resolution to the dispute, then let no holds be barred. If there is anyone who is so niave as to think that the European Union is going to last more than 25 years let that person come forward because I have a real estate deal of a life time for him. Germany is already wanting to void the arms embargo that was put on China in 1989. You have all of those countries that have centuries of conflict and wars. Now they are going to band together and become one borderless United States of Europe. They are already trying to dictate to each other their indiviual criminal code. When one is not doing well economically, that one will ignor trade treaties and go on his own. Witness France and Germany trading with Iraq for their own self interest when there were clearly trade sanctions in place against Iraq put in place by the UN.Of coarse guess which country Mr Chirac was the head honcho from who was speaking out the loudest against getting rid of Hussein. France had a vested interest in not wanting anything to happen to Saddam. Look at how the French economy took a dive when Saddam left town. Oh this is going to me more fun, during the next few years, than watching a stand up comic in Las Vegas. No comic script writer would be able to write something like what is going to be coming from Madrid, Paris, Berlin, Rome, and Vienna. Twenty five countries all looking out for their own interest, and two or three play ground bullies. Any bets on who will drop the first bomb. WWIII here it comes. smile smile

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments