Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#82153 - 03/19/04 02:49 AM Re: My letter to the people of Spain
Wally Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
Wolf - There is a world of difference between disagreeing with me, and telling me what my intent was. You did both. I can deal with disagreement. There are no approved, on-line methods for dealing with mind-reading.

I would not pretend, ever, to tell anyone on this board what their intent is. You, however, appear at ease with telling me what my intent was, and not just twice. In the face of that, there is no discussion -- you can pretend to tell me what my intent and thinking was/is at every turn. That is not "disagreement," and that is not "discussion."

If you would diagram the sentences of my post, you would see that I in no way lay the blame for what happened on Bush. Not only did I not lay the blame on him, that wasn't the point of it at all. You can start with parallelism and metaphor, and work your way up from there.

So, after I said what my intent was, you went ahead and posted, again, what you believe my intent is/was. That puts me in the unfortunate position of having been called a liar, which is yet another discussion-squelching device.

-=-=-

Edited later (03-19-2004, ~ 18:28 EST):

Wolf - If, after all of this, my message still means something different to you, then just come right out and say that it means something different to you. That, is something we can discuss and something from which we can learn things.

-=-=-

Edited later [ 03-19-2004, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Wally ]:

Vicki - Sorry for misundersanding your post. My head is .

#82154 - 03/20/04 08:39 PM Re: My letter to the people of Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thankfully, my head is spinning (thanks, Wally) a little less this weekend. Thank goodness. Finally, a moment to catch my breath. smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#82155 - 03/20/04 10:35 PM Re: My letter to the people of Spain
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Wally,

Regardless of how you defend your letter, I thought it was in poor taste, and it shouldn't have been sent. But I'm not going to trade barbs with you over it to the point of obsession.

End of discussion. Thank you!

Wolf

#82156 - 03/21/04 03:55 PM Re: My letter to the people of Spain
Wally Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
Wolf - Well, actually, you moved things past my defending the letter, and more into the realm of defending my intent -- I believe, however, that I have put enough words to the screen regarding divination of intent.

I truly appreciate your simple statement about how my letter made you feel, and what you thought because of that. Those are tangibles that I can see and take into account in the big picture of life. I apologize for my part in prodding those feelings to life. Really, it was not my intent. This exchange will be a part of things that I consider when next I post something about which I have a great deal of emotional churning and sadness.

And, yes, I think if we stuck a fork in this goose of a thread, it would be considered to be "done."

#82157 - 03/21/04 07:23 PM Re: My letter to the people of Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wally wrote:
Quote:
And, yes, I think if we stuck a fork in this goose of a thread, it would be considered to be "done."
Wally, since you started the thread and semi-requested it closed, let it be so. Thread Closed.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 801 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments