Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#8197 - 05/19/05 10:45 PM Madrid, Hostal Acapulco; your best bet
pelón Offline

I'm sure there are as many opinions as there are hotels and hostals, but for me, Hostal Acapulco and Javier just can't be beat. The hostal is well located near Puerta del Sol and Gran Via, in a very quiet(double-paned windows), safe and convenient location. The rooms are excellent, with small balconies overlooking the small Plaza del Carmen. The only minor area of complaint was the very small bathroom, difficult for 2 people to use at one time, but we managed. As for Javier, all I can say is WHAT A GUY. He's a very hands-on manager, spending lots of time talking with guests, and even taking us across the street to a small restaurant where they served a really great meal, for only 7 euros, including salad, entree, small bottle of wine and dessert. I tried to order a second bottle and pay for it, but no, they included it in the price. We checked out on a Monday morning, and hadn't been able to buy stamps on Sunday, so Javier said he would get stamps the next day and mail our cards, which arrived in a few days. All in all, a nice place to stay in Madrid, and all for 52 euros.

#8198 - 05/26/05 02:30 PM Re: Madrid, Hostal Acapulco; your best bet
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I also stayed there, it was for a week and have nothing but great things to say about Javier. Was this restaurant recommended by Javier? He recommend a place, sounds like it from you description, but I never found the time to eat there. When I return to Madrid and I will staying at Hostal Acapulco and have to go to the restaurant he recommended. laugh

Bill

#8199 - 05/26/05 04:27 PM Re: Madrid, Hostal Acapulco; your best bet
ellenoregon Offline

Loc: oregon usa
And don't forget the free internet access in the lobby. I personally did not love the restaurant reccomended (one block away I believe), though it was cheap and had plentiful portions. But I agree the Acapulco is great for the price and location and quiet. I hope they get their website up so that more people can find out about it. Does anyone have any pictures of the rooms they could put on this bulletin board?

#8200 - 06/14/05 12:11 PM Re: Madrid, Hostal Acapulco; your best bet
maestroyaron Offline

I just came back and stayed there for 3 nights, and have nothing but great things to say as well. Two weeks later I needed a place to stay over a saturday and because of a big soccer match that day there wasn't a room in Acapulco. Javier made a number of phone calls and finally found me a room in the same building. The Acapulco staff even let me use their computer to check on my departing flight that night.

In short, great value, wonderful location, 24 hour access, awesome staff. Highly recommended.

Yaron

#8201 - 07/06/05 10:26 PM Re: Madrid, Hostal Acapulco; your best bet
tsang5151 Offline

Loc: Hong Kong
Just back from Spain yesterday. Also staying in Hostel Acapulco for 3 nights with no complaint. Good value for location, quiteness and facilities. Don't worry choosing rooms facing street as they are very qeiet days and nights. Free internet is a bit slow. We like the small restaruant recommended (cafe de sole) which is cheap (only 7 Euro), tasteful with big portions, but avoid the restaurnat just opposite the hostel.

#8202 - 07/07/05 02:03 PM Re: Madrid, Hostal Acapulco; your best bet
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

If anyone staying here and is going to Salamanca by Autores bus, they have a ticket office a block away.

Bill

#8203 - 07/26/05 10:43 PM Re: Madrid, Hostal Acapulco; your best bet
mgarcia Offline

Loc: detroit
How do you contact hostal? Can you book on the internet?

#8204 - 07/28/05 08:08 AM Re: Madrid, Hostal Acapulco; your best bet
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

The only way is by email or call

http://www.hostalacapulco.com/

Click on the envelope and send an email with the dates and rooms you need. The hostal will get back to you, usually with in a day.

This has to be the longest website construction that has taken place on the web. I staying again at Acapulco in late September. I think I will make mention of this about his website construction. laugh

Bill

#8205 - 07/28/05 08:53 AM Re: Madrid, Hostal Acapulco; your best bet
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Billy from NYC: I agree. This website has been "under construction" for what seems like years now! rolleyes Surely he/she/they can find some kid to design a simple one for them for free or almost nothing just to get some photos up there as well as a map. Surely they would double their business with a working website. Regardless of the positive reviews, most people don't like to book these establishments until they can see photos and read details about it on their website. The nicer the website and the better reviews they get the more reservations they'll receive.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8206 - 08/02/05 10:05 AM Re: Madrid, Hostal Acapulco; your best bet
caramel Offline

Loc: Manila, Philippines
hi guys! i e-mailed javier of hostal acapulco about availability of a quadruple room and by gosh did he reply very fast.

anyways, i was wondering if any of you guys have a picture of the rooms and facade of the hostal. i know that by your reviews that it is great but i also want to see pics as well. smile

thanks in advance!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments