Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8174 - 05/11/05 09:33 PM Hostel in Madrid Last Minute!!
Beantown Offline

Loc: Boston MA
Anybody know a hostel in Madrid (Huertes) that has any last minute availability? My girlfriend and me are arriving on Saturday afternoon and need a place to stay til Monday.

Let me know Let me know

#8175 - 05/11/05 10:22 PM Re: Hostel in Madrid Last Minute!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I personally don't know of any but no doubt there are a few. I'd start going down the list of Madrid hostels , look for the Huertas section, and start calling them on the telephone. Thing is, only a few of them speak any English so you might try a simple question in Spanish about availability for your hoped-for-dates. And you DO know that you're going at (or near) the BEGINNING of the BIG, monthlong San Isidro bullfight festival, don't you?

You know, if you go down the Huertas hostels list and don't find anything, you could attempt another place, Hostal Cantábrico , located between Puerta del Sol and Huertas. I've YET to see any reviews of them but they do have about 110 rooms, occupying the entire building, I think.

I wish you all the luck in the world. We would all appreciate a review upon your review if possible. Thanks and enjoy yourself!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8176 - 05/12/05 06:10 PM Re: Hostel in Madrid Last Minute!!
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
I always recommend Hostal Adriano, but if you want a place a little closer to the heart of Huertas, other than Hostal Lopez there is the Hostal Dulcinea. www.hostaldulcinea.com/

Good luck

#8177 - 05/12/05 09:34 PM Re: Hostel in Madrid Last Minute!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I too can personally recommend both Hostal López AND Hostal Dulcinea . Both well-located in Huertas and relatively inexpensive for the basic lodgings they offer. I had a streetside balcony room in both places. Nice!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments