Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#81598 - 07/26/06 07:45 AM Gatwick North Term.
carlos11 Offline

Loc: Florida,USA
We'll be flying out of Tampa on British Air on Sept.15th,and arriving Gatwick North at 0800hrs on the 16th. We will be connecting to Seville on GB airways at 1325hrs,a 5 hour wait.Last year it was a 3 hour wait,now they bumped it up to 5 hours.
My question is, What are two old timers suppose to do to pass the time away in beautiful Gatwick North for 5 hours? Can anyone help?
Thanks!

#81599 - 07/26/06 11:36 PM Re: Gatwick North Term.
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hmmm.. Carlos, I don't think this topic is really "Spain Transportation" related - even though you are going TO Seville.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#81600 - 07/28/06 04:32 AM Re: Gatwick North Term.
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
I think MM has put everyone off replying to this one smile . Either that or no-one has any idea of the great delights on offer in Gatwick North.

I think you'll find there's so much to see and do that 5 hours just won't be enough. And if you did exhaust the lovely facilities, such as the 80 WH Smith newsagents, or Boots the chemist, you could play "hunt the clean toilet". Failing that, why not go landside and take a trip on the monorail (or transit as I believe it is now called) to the South terminal. There you could sample more delights such as.... well a few more WH Smiths and Boots the chemist to start with.

Have a good stay anyway and make sure you post some photos to let us all enjoy the experience laugh thumbsup

#81601 - 07/28/06 08:57 AM Re: Gatwick North Term.
carlos11 Offline

Loc: Florida,USA
Jamongris,
Your reply was so welcomed.My wife and I are really excited about seeing all we can at both terminals.Do you think they have brochures? We're holding our breath until then. clap

Concerning MM, I guess he has his days also!

#81602 - 08/24/06 06:38 PM Re: Gatwick North Term.
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
I hope MadridMan won't mind me recommending this extremely useful site

www.sleepinginairports.net
() / ()

#81603 - 08/24/06 10:45 PM Re: Gatwick North Term.
Gretchen6 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
Great site Jan D smile I used to sleep in airports often in my 20's to save money. I thought those days were over but lately I have spent many hours in airports....almost entire nights even! Seems like flights are always getting delayed or cancelled. I will have fun reading the experiences of others on this site.

#81604 - 08/25/06 03:44 AM Re: Gatwick North Term.
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

The internet really is amazing. What a brilliant site, we´d never have had access to stuff like that even 10 years ago.

Carlos 11, I think security at Gatwick has now found a way for you to spend your 5 hours. You will be in queues for most of it laugh

MM, I´ve thought of another Spanish connection to validate this thread for you - the company which owns Gatwick, BAA, was recently bought by the Spanish company Ferrovial thumbsup

#81605 - 08/25/06 12:37 PM Re: Gatwick North Term.
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Ha! Good try, Jamongris! wink I'm transferring this thread to the World Travel Forum category now. laugh

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#81606 - 08/25/06 04:16 PM Re: Gatwick North Term.
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
Good, we've been moved clap !!! We can't be off topic now.

Jamongris, I live on the other side of the Island between Brading and Sandown. Yarmouth is a pretty little town, though we only seem to go over that way if we are getting the ferry.

I'm glad you all like www.sleepinginairports.net Isn't just so useful, and such a simple idea.
() / ()

#81607 - 08/31/06 10:49 AM Re: Gatwick North Term.
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

That is the side of the island I don´t know as well. I´ve only been round there once or twice I think.

Why not start an Isle of Wight thread ? I´m sure some of the Spanish/US board members would love to learn about this charming part of the UK.

Just a brief Gatwick North update for carlos11, I´ve just had friends visit via Gatwick North on BA and the delays and queues, while still severe, are not as bad in the North terminal as the South.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments