Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#8149 - 05/04/05 04:47 PM Buying Flat/House in/around Madrid
Old-Gringo Offline

Loc: Arizona
Could anyone list some web sites I could use to get an idea of the selection and prices of real estate in and around Madrid. Ones with photos I would be especially appreciative of.

Thanks

Old Gringo

#8150 - 05/04/05 05:43 PM Re: Buying Flat/House in/around Madrid
Amleth Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi!

Here you have some links to Real Estate Agencies:

Tecnocasa

Servihabitat

Fotocasa

Carrefour Inmboliaria

Don Piso (Ferrovial)

Casas Bien Hechas (Ferrovial)

Ofician Multicasa (Ferrovial)

El Corte Inglés Inmobiliaria

Metrovacesa

Vallehermoso

Colonial

Urbis

Prycoinsa

Larcovi

Realia

If you need to translate some web pages try using
Systran

Good luck!

Ps: You can always check newspapers such as El Mundo , El País , La Razón , 20 Minutos Madrid , ABC , Cinco Días , Madrid News , Metro - Madrid , Think Spain , etc.

Some clues:

- Inmobiliaria : Real Estate
- Apartamento : Flat, Apartment
- Ático : Penthouse
- Chalet : Detached House
- Chalet Pareado : Semi-Detached House
- Chalet Adosado : Terraced House
- Duplex : Flat on two floors
- Triplex : Flat on three floors
- Casa Rural : Country House
- Venta : For Sale
- Finca : Property or Ranch

#8151 - 05/05/05 02:45 AM Re: Buying Flat/House in/around Madrid
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Amleth, you forgot the most popular one:

Idealista

It's the most visited "flat-related" website in Spain.

#8152 - 05/05/05 04:55 AM Re: Buying Flat/House in/around Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Antonio, Idealista.com is the one I use when I'm curious about prices and want to see photos of flats/pisos.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8153 - 05/05/05 06:28 AM Re: Buying Flat/House in/around Madrid
spanishl Offline

Loc: Madrid
Real estate prices are out of control in Spain. It is getting harder and harder to buy a first house.

#8154 - 05/05/05 08:43 AM Re: Buying Flat/House in/around Madrid
Spanadian Offline

Loc: Spain
Quote:
Real estate prices are out of control in Spain. It is getting harder and harder to buy a first house.
Tell me about it. We just bought a new Flat/condo and I was shocked by the prices (and we got a deal).

If you're thinking about buying a newly constructed flat here's a hint: The market is so hot here that they are building them FAST & Cheap for the most part, so look carefully if you are buying new (cheap meaning thin walls and cutting corners with quality which can happen anywhere in a sellers market).

Generally we found that buildings that were built 15 to 20 years ago are much better in size and quality (lots of factors here I know...but generally speaking)

If you have anyone has questions about the whole experience feel free to E-mail me.
(north_66@yahoo.ca)

#8155 - 05/05/05 09:07 AM Re: Buying Flat/House in/around Madrid
Old-Gringo Offline

Loc: Arizona
Thanks for the sites, I will review them. I know the prices have gone crazy within Madrid and that is why I am also investigating that if by moving to the out laying areas, Alcares de Henares for example, I might get more for my money.

Your thoughts?

Old Gringo

#8156 - 05/05/05 04:47 PM Re: Buying Flat/House in/around Madrid
nevado Offline

Spanadian, I agree- I've seen some recently-built homes and I was not impressed -just really rush jobs, tiles not set correctly, poor paint jobs, caulking smeared around. I've been looking for something and hopefully will take the plunge soon. It's amazing how quickly things sell despite the crazy prices.

#8157 - 05/05/05 05:16 PM Re: Buying Flat/House in/around Madrid
Spanadian Offline

Nevado--I've seen exactly the same things. As a matter of fact I don't have to go far to see them. The 1 year old apartment we are renting...is everything you described (and worse).

#8158 - 05/06/05 05:42 AM Re: Buying Flat/House in/around Madrid
Spanadian Offline

Old Gringo--I tried to reply to your private messege but your profile won't accept private messeges.

I should have clarified that we didn't buy the flat in Madrid, we bought it in Albacete so I'm not sure if this will be of any use to you but maybe it could be useful to compare.

Albacete is a rapidly growing city of around 150-200,000 people. It's not a tourist city (although the museum is quite good) but it's a fantastic city to live in. We paid 189,000€ for an 18 year old flat, 115-120 meters squared, with 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, two terraces, a garage & storeroom. It's in an excellent location overlooking a park & the build quality is very high. We got a deal.

Although we can make do for as long as is necessary, the flat really needs a new kitchen, two new bathrooms, paint, plaster and other incidentals (new glass in the doors, door handles, hot water tank, etc). The thing is we bought it for the size, the quality, & the location (everything else we can change). It's going to be a lot of work and $$$$ but we like the idea that we can shape it into what we want over time. Buying a newer, smaller, cheaper quality flat (for around the same price) two years before we even get to see it physically...did not appeal to me in the least.

There may be exceptions (at much higher prices) but new buildings just don't seem to be as well made. For example, I can clearly hear the guy in the next apartment snoring every night (sometimes it wakes me up)and this flat is new (one year old flat in Ocaña). The thought of someone buying this flat & living in it for a long, long time makes me sad.

Others might be able to give you a better idea of how much a similar flat would cost in Madrid but you're probably looking at close to double.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments