Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8103 - 04/25/05 02:17 PM Reservations and bank transfers
ruza Offline

Loc: Madrid
I am trying to make a reservation for this weekend at a hostal or fondo down south in Cadiz and Tarifa. All of the hostals I have spoken with require a bank transfer to hold the reservation. These places don't take credit cards, and I have NO IDEA how to make a transfer. I am here for several months, but don't have a bank acct here, and it doesn't seem Western Union can help me.

Any ideas? Anyone have a similar problem?

Thanks.

#8104 - 04/25/05 04:28 PM Re: Reservations and bank transfers
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
It should be pretty simple, get the bank and account number from the people with whom you want to stay, it may even be possible that their bank has a branch in Madrid, in which case it would be a question of going to the bank and making a deposit. The recepit you get from the bank serves as the "justificante" that you have paid, just make sure the hotel's info is on there. You don't need a bank account do a wire transfer, just your passport...and ask at the bank to do a "transferencia bancaria"...

#8105 - 04/25/05 06:29 PM Re: Reservations and bank transfers
ruza Offline

Oh, that doesn't sound so hard. I can do that. My Spanish is pretty good, but no one could understand that I didn't know how to this, and thus, couldn't explain. Thanks.

Is this all because places don't want to spend money for credit card accts? But are popular enough to want to fill every room, esp during a holiday weekend? Does anyone know if this happens anywhere else- Europe, Africa, etc? I have travelled from Bosnia to Morocco and never encountered such a system.

Thanks again.

#8106 - 04/26/05 04:23 AM Re: Reservations and bank transfers
JasMadrid Offline

Ruza, I've travelled all over Spain and when I've been asked to make a deposit (which is not usual) I have usually done it using my credit card.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments