Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8096 - 04/22/05 04:12 PM Hostels in Barcelona?
tajsp Offline

Hi All,

I will be traveling to Spain at end of May. I am looking for a hostel to stay in. I have tried several hostels including Hostal Opera , but they are all booked. Any suggestions on good and economic hostels in Barcelona? Thanks.

#8097 - 04/26/05 04:35 PM Re: Hostels in Barcelona?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi tajsp! Welcome to our ALL SPAIN Message Board!

No luck yet? Have you tried conducting a SEARCH of this forum using keywords like BARCELONA HOSTAL? That will likely yield some reviews.

Wherever you stay, will you return here to this/your thread to give us your review of the place you chose? Future travelers will appreciate your feedback. Thanks and good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8098 - 05/04/05 03:51 PM Re: Hostels in Barcelona?
navblooms Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi, try hostal Paraiso. Its quite central, and reasonable. Its clean and the staff are friendly.

#8099 - 05/18/05 11:11 AM Re: Hostels in Barcelona?
lngarrison Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
When I lived in Barcelona, I lived near a little quaint youth hostel that use to be an orphanage. It is quiet and has beautiful architecture and not always booked. It is not centrally located, but if you don't mind the metro ride and a little walk up a hill w/ beautiful views of Barcelona, I would recommend:

http://www.timeout.com/barcelona/hotels/12.html

Alberg Mare de Déu de Montserrat
Passeig de la Mare de Déu del Coll 41-51, Gràcia (93 210 51 51 / fax 93 210 07 98 / www.tujuca.com). Metro Vallcarca.
Open Reception 8am-3pm, 4.30-11pm daily.
Rates (incl breakfast) €16.20-€18.50 under-25s; €19.60-€21.90 over-25s; €2 / per person/stay sheets.
Credit AmEx, DC, MC,V.

Central it isn’t, but this handsome Trinity Towers-style youth hostel does boast an architectural edge over the average. It’s located in a magnificent building that has been a private mansion, hospital and orphanage over the years. Many of the original details in the form of Modernista tilework, whimsical plaster carvings and stained-glass windows have been retained, not to mention lovely gardens. IYHF cards are required for anyone wishing to stay.

Parking (free). Disabled-adapted room. Internet (pay terminals). Kitchen. Laundry facilities. No smoking. Restaurant. TV room.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments