Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8089 - 04/22/05 01:15 AM Hostels in Salamanca, Segovia, Valencia, Cadiz, and Badajoz?
Agent Sands Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Hola amigos! Can anyone recommend affordable hostels in Salamanca, Segovia, Valencia, Cadiz, and Badajoz. I am planning to visit those cities later this year. Muchas gracias. Hasta lluego!

#8090 - 05/03/05 09:18 PM Re: Hostels in Salamanca, Segovia, Valencia, Cadiz, and Badajoz?
SalaChic Offline

Loc: Trumansburg, NY
Here's a list of write-ups done by Rich Steves (about Salamanca) ........ The Hostal Plaza Mayor is RIGHT outside the plaza, so very centrally located, about a block or so from the major monuments. http://www.ricksteves.com/tvr/pledge/spain/sal_sleep.htm

K Sanchez

#8091 - 05/04/05 03:48 PM Re: Hostels in Salamanca, Segovia, Valencia, Cadiz, and Badajoz?
navblooms Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi, I would definitley recommend Home backpackers in Valencia , €12 for a dorm and very central and friendly. Theres also a kitchen so you can save money by cooking for yourself. Hostal valencia in salamanca is central and a twin room with bathroom was €17 per person.

#8092 - 03/30/06 11:11 AM Re: Hostels in Salamanca, Segovia, Valencia, Cadiz, and Badajoz?
Vedouze Offline

Hola, there is also a new youth hostel in valencia, i think the name is Nest but can't help regarding the exact website. Also I think pensions are a good option, i used them while visiting Baleares.

#8093 - 03/30/06 12:09 PM Re: Hostels in Salamanca, Segovia, Valencia, Cadiz, and Badajoz?
Agent Sands Offline

Gracias por la ayuda. I'm focusing on visiting Salamanca, Segovia, and Toledo next year. If I were to fly to Santiago de Compostela, do you think it's feasible and less expensive to travel from Galicia to see Salamanca, Segovia and Toledo? Or is it much better to land in Madrid then take a train ride to see those cities until Santiago de Compostela.

#8094 - 03/30/06 03:13 PM Re: Hostels in Salamanca, Segovia, Valencia, Cadiz, and Badajoz?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Agent Sands, before moving on to NEXT year, did you visit those places LAST year? How'sabout telling us at which establishments you stayed and give us your reviews. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8095 - 03/31/06 06:51 PM Re: Hostels in Salamanca, Segovia, Valencia, Cadiz, and Badajoz?
Agent Sands Offline

Hola MadridMan. Last year I travelled to Santiago de Compostela via an 8 hour ALSA bus trip from Bilbao where I landed from LAX to Paris. Santiago de Compostela is a magnificent place. The Galicians are truly hospitable, warm and friendly people. The seafood was scrumptious. And the women are most beautiful.I stayed at Hostal Mexico which was across from the RENFE station. I love that Galician city, and I can't wait to return hopefully next year. From Santiago, I hopped on a RENFE train to Atocha from where I transferred to the AVE bullet train en route to Sevilla. I arrived at Estacion Santa Justa, and I stayed at Hostal Dona Pepa which was approximately 5 minutes away from the train station. Seville is an amazing city. The weather was great. It reminded me of the weather in my city in Southern California. Again the people are quite amazing and hospitable. Afterwards off to Madrid for a few days. I stayed at a hostal on Gran Via near Parque Buen Retiro and the Plaza Mayor. Finally I returned to the city of Bilbao where I visited the historical old quarter as well as the modern Guggenheim Museum courtesy of the city's modern metro subway system. The Basques are quite friendly yet aloof people in my opinion. Still I enjoyed my brief stay at Pais Vasco within the confines of Hostal San Mames. I long to return to Spain. I'm hoping an English Academy or university will hire me to teach English in Spain, so I can live and work there as well.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments