Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8080 - 04/16/05 10:33 PM Madrid: accomodation near gay neighbourhood?
krispykream Offline

Loc: Canada
I am visiting Madrid for business meetings in May and planning to stay near the gay area for a few days. This is my first time to Madrid, I don't speak Spanish at all, so I am a bit worried.. can anyone kindly suggest a few decent places to stay? My only requirements are pretty basic, plus internet access, room with air conditioning

#8081 - 04/17/05 11:50 AM Re: Madrid: accomodation near gay neighbourhood?
Geoff Offline

I was just in Madrid last week and stayed at the Hostal San Lorenzo, http://www.hotel-sanlorenzo.com/index.php?idioma=eng, which is right in the gay neighborhood (Cheuca) off the Gran Via. We got a tiny double room for 65 Euros. The hostal has an absolutely perfect location and is very clean and cheery. Staff is helpful and there's free internet in the lobby. The only problem was with the room itself: it was really miniscule and right on a busy street, and we barely slept on the weekends becuase of the street noise. I would recommend this place but only if you can get a room that's not on the street!

#8082 - 04/17/05 11:35 PM Re: Madrid: accomodation near gay neighbourhood?
krispykream Offline

Loc: Canada
thanks very much, i will take a look

#8083 - 04/18/05 12:19 PM Re: Madrid: accomodation near gay neighbourhood?
fadapreta Offline

Loc: Chicago
You also might try Chueca Pension, http://www.chuecapension.com/

I booked a room there for the last week in April. According to their website, they are located in the heart of Chueca. I've been trading emails with both the owner, Beni and Alex. They seem to be very friendly and they speak english.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments