Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8063 - 04/04/05 08:32 AM Madrid: Review of Hostal La Plata
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
I stayed here from 20th - 23rd March 2005.
Their website is http://www.hostal-laplata.com/
I found the hostal easily – it is well placed (on Gran Via) for the main sights in the centre of Madrid and the room I had was of good quality. Here is the room I had.

Despite being close to the reception area it was quiet.

At night, there is no one on duty in the hostal but at the main door off the street, there is a portero who will take you up to the Hostal (on the 4th floor) and give you your key.
There is an elevator; the room was clean and fairly spacious for a a single and also contained a double bed. The bath and toilet facilities were on-suite. The room was cleaned daily as you would expect and clean towels were put in every day. The staff are friendly.

The entrance to the hostal is to the left of the Multiopticas shop as you look at the buiding. There are other hostals located in the same buiding.
Hope this helps someone.
Regards
Robbieroy

#8064 - 04/13/05 09:47 AM Re: Madrid: Review of Hostal La Plata
orchid49 Offline

Loc: Thailand
I once stayed there for two periods. It was good and the staff are nice.

#8065 - 04/22/05 02:29 PM Re: Madrid: Review of Hostal La Plata
Irlandés Offline

Loc: Dublin
I've just returned from Madrid, where I stayed in Hostal La Plata: €36 for a double en-suite room (for single use). The hostal is clean and comfortable, with friendly staff, and located a stone's throw from Gran Vía metro station (single ticket €1; airport to hostal 35 minutes). I'd definitely stay there again.

#8066 - 05/03/05 05:19 PM Re: Madrid: Review of Hostal La Plata
madsue Offline

Loc: Canary Islands, Spain
I stay there every time I am in Madrid, and even though I book a single, I have never been in any room less than a double! Would recommend it to anyone.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
El Cid d'España
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1695 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments