Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8058 - 04/01/05 12:12 PM Madrid: Hostal San Lorenzo?
Geoff Offline

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel/Hostal San Lorenzo? It looks nice on the website but I haven't read or seen much about it. Please let me know!

http://hotel-sanlorenzo.com/

#8059 - 04/01/05 12:54 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal San Lorenzo?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Don't forget to put the city name in your subject lines! I happen to know it's in Madrid so I've inserted it for you. Remember, this is an ALL SPAIN Message Board! smile Not just Madrid.

This place is pretty well located along the Gran Vía and is a "Hostal Residencia" and not a 'hotel class' establishment - no matter what domain name they use or what they call themselves. Probably someone already owned HostalSanLorenzo.com, for example. That's the way it goes.

Have you conducted a SEARCH of this forum? I've just done one and saw a number of reviews. Try a SEARCH using keywords MADRID LORENZO and you'll find them. Anyone have any fresh reviews of this establishment in Madrid?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8060 - 04/01/05 06:22 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal San Lorenzo?
Student Offline

Loc: USA
Hi Geoff,

We stayed there for two nights just two weeks ago. We paid 95 Euros for three guys per night. The place is spic and span and the hosts are friendly. It's about 10 minutes walk to Plaza Mayor and about 15 minutes walk to Parque de Retiro. All I could remember is that the room and the bathroom are neat and clean and it has a small balcony. At that time, I did not notice much about the place for all we did was go out all night and go to the room exhausted and sleepy in the morning. Now I remember, they have a high speed internet free to use for the customers.

Now you've done it, I couldn't work anymore. Must get Spain out of my mind.

#8061 - 04/06/05 06:55 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal San Lorenzo?
GaryCA Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Geoff,

I stayed at the San Lorenzo in 2003 and I'm going back again in September. The location couldn't be better. I recommend it.

Gary

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments