Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#80273 - 12/09/05 06:52 PM Re: Maybe God can help us!!
Gretchen6 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
Believing in God and going to Church regularly, seems like a good thing. Believing that God told you to invade Iraq, is the scary issue here. I bet Al Qaeda members also believe that God is telling them what to do.

#80274 - 12/09/05 10:24 PM Re: Maybe God can help us!!
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
Wolf: I understand the old adage, that when your neighbor is out of work it is a recession, when you are out of work it is a depression. I guess it is all perception. I am in the process of selling my business that I started from the ground up. I had no idea that the final value had grown as it had. The accountants from both sides have gone over the books with a fine tooth comb and over me to the point of going where no man has gone before. My proctologist usually only goes up to the second knuckle of his middle finger. With that in mind I guess I would not be the one to complain about the economy.

I know that in your part of the country, and where MM originates this board from, the price of real estate is in severe decline. Mrs.Dweller is from Cincinnati, a house that would go for 85K in Cinn would be about 250K in any metro are of the Southwest, except El Paso. El Paso has to be the most heart breaking story in the Southwest.

I just hope that I don't find out the hard way that things are not all rosey, and that by selling out that I am making a huge mistake. I've rolled the dice of life before. I always think of the song by Hank Williams Jr. "Country Folks Can Survive."

#80275 - 12/09/05 11:59 PM Re: Maybe God can help us!!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
I agree that the Almighty had nothing to do with this war! rolleyes

#80276 - 12/10/05 02:40 PM Re: Maybe God can help us!!
fulano Offline

Loc: califas
So let me get this right Bill and Gazpacho, Bush is being persecuted for his faith, and also you feel that it's necessary to be a regular Christian church go'er to be a proper President? Are you saying that as a "born again Christian" President, that Bush was mandated to use his Christian faith when making national and international decisions?
Does the voting public desire or expect that a President should represent the religious community during his Presidency and do his best to transition the country to a "Theocracy" representing the Christian constituancy or his core belief system?
If that's the case we are really in trouble!

#80277 - 12/10/05 02:42 PM Re: Maybe God can help us!!
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Amen to that Booklady! Im going to make this point as secular as possible in order to avoid some sort of religious backfire.

According to the Gospel when Jesus was about to be approached by a crowd to make him king, he fled knowing that it was improper for him to take on such a position here on Earth. He would have made an excellent king, afterall he was the Son of God! I mean, what better credentials for being king could you have? But that was not his purpose, although the Jews were seeking a Messiah to free them from Roman rule. He told his followers that they were NOT part of this world as he was NOT part of this world.

A christian that trys to blend both politics and the neutrality of Jesus's words will find futility in his results. Yes, he may be devout, sincere and truely believes his doing the will of God but Jesus' actions clearly showed his followers that christianity and politics don't mix!

I would prefer that God establish a theocracy reather than man. Look at Iran as an example. Hitler established his own occult worship of himself boasting of a 1000 year Aryan rule to his own ruin!

Keep religion out of politic, bottom line!

#80278 - 12/10/05 04:54 PM Re: Maybe God can help us!!
fulano Offline

Loc: califas
"I would prefer that God establish a theocracy rather than man"

Would that be a Christian god, Jewish God, or Moslem God? Would a God created theocracy have a liberal or conservative Supreme Court?
Would this "Theocracy" allow a woman the right to chose? Would there be prayer in school? If the answer is yes would that apply to all Gov't positions like the military and would post office employee's have to pray at work? Would George Bush still have a job?

#80279 - 12/10/05 05:24 PM Re: Maybe God can help us!!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Fulano,

You have blown this way out of proportion. Let's start with the false premise that God told President Bush to go to war with Iraq. This is so much liberal antagonistic B.S. You're just willfully ignoring the fact that he acted on information from secular sources like the CIA, the previous administration, England, both Democrat and Republican congressman, etc. But if you want to portray the President as some wild-eyed religious fanatic hick, hey, this is a free country. I just won't be an accomplice in this lie.

Secondly, and I only speak for myself and not Bill, Bill only said
Quote:
Frankly I would never want to see a President elected to the White House who did not believe in God and did not attend church regularly.
That is his own personal wish, and sorry if you feel that in a democracy, Bill doesn't have a right to feel this way. frown It was only me, and not Bill who believes that the President is being persecuted for his beliefs. You're free to do this too. I really don't care.

And last if not least, I personally feel as Bill does that the article you present, and possibly yourself, are nitpicking at our presidents religious faith. This is the cheapest of shots. But again, peace be with you.

What a shame it would be though to include religious morality in some of the issues that you bring up. We're doing so well without it. rolleyes

#80280 - 12/10/05 06:00 PM Re: Maybe God can help us!!
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Fulano...why do you assume that God is Christian, Jewish or Muslim? He's none of them! eek It was His son that established Christianity, it was His chosen people that were Jewish, and it was the children of Abraham with Hagar that we get the Muslims.

If you (not you personally), want a PC government then don't ask for a theocracy because the people of this nation and of many others would totally reject a government run by God or His son Jesus!

If God were running things, why would you need a military? Regarding prayer in school...Is the behaviour of kids enrolled in religious schools today better than the kids enrolled in public schools when they had prayer?

A WOMAN HAS THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE!!! OK...so a woman decides to have an abortion and she heads to the local Family Planning clinic. Along the way she's assaulted by a man, punches her in the stomach causing her to miscarry. Now should the man be charged with manslaughter or should she thank him for saving her $350.00 in abortion clinic fees? Who would be more culpable in the eyes of God, the man causing a miscarriage or the woman willing having the abortion?

Unless God's first-born is named George I don't think Bush would have a job! wink Why would I want mankind to establish a theocracy, like we would be better at it than HE? That's why I said I would RATHER HAVE GOD ESTABLISH IT!

#80281 - 12/10/05 09:41 PM Re: Maybe God can help us!!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
OsoMajor,

I just started reading the Gospels and Genesis myself, and I see I've got it right according to you. smile

I also want a separation of church and state. But does this mean that our leaders are prohibited from following their beliefs?

Fulano,

You give the presidency way too much credit. Please try to remember, he's only one of our three branches of government, and his term is up in three years. Then all your fears will be over. :)If you're lucky, we might even have an amoral, sleazy and useless leader from the other party as president. eek You can always hope.

#80282 - 12/10/05 09:45 PM Re: Maybe God can help us!!
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Quote:
Believing in God and going to Church regularly, seems like a good thing. Believing that God told you to invade Iraq, is the scary issue here. I bet Al Qaeda members also believe that God is telling them what to do.
CNN interview "Late Edition with Wolf Blitzer", Aired November 27, 2005, with New Yorker Magazine writer and Pulitzer Prize Winner "Seymour Hersh".

Who says this nonsense it is true? Is it GW or Seymour Hersh? I never hear GW say anything like what Seymour Hersh said in the interview.

I really do wonder about some of you people, If Seymour Hersh wrote that the world is flat you would believe it.

Frankly some of you have an axe to grind with GW, rightfully so and if Seymour Hersh write something that that fits personal views of GW, THEN IT MUST BE TRUE!

When it comes to matter of religious, it is a personal view, it should only be explained by that person and we should not listens to those who write about hear say.

Bill

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments