Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#80233 - 11/22/05 02:11 PM Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
The subject says it all. laugh

I forget to add, for Thanksgiving dinner, this year, I suppling the wine for the family dinner.

When I came back from Spain in October of this year, I brought back a few bottles of Rioja Wine for a special Thanksgiving dinner. Faustino I Gran Reserva 1995, recommended by my friends in Madrid. I hope they enjoy it! smile

Bill

#80234 - 11/22/05 05:19 PM Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
And also to you, Bill from NYC, and all United Statesen abroad!! Hope your holiday is filled with family, a warm house, good food & drink, and wonderful new memories.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#80235 - 11/22/05 10:42 PM Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Feliz dia de Dar Gracias! smile

#80236 - 11/23/05 02:08 PM Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Pia Offline

Loc: Finland
Is today or tomorrow the real day? It's a really nice tradition, I've only celebrated it for a couple of years now through my boyfriend's family, but here it's obviously not a national holiday so the American community celebrate it on Sunday instead. But happy thanksgiving!

#80237 - 11/23/05 05:45 PM Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
jabch Offline

Pia: Thanksgiving is celebrated every year in the U.S. on the forth Thursday of November. So the "official" day is Thursday. However, in Canada I think it is celebrated on a different day.

By the way, I always say in Spanish "Dia de Accion de Gracias", but a lot of people, like Booklady, say "Dia de Dar Gracias" which is probably more acurate. Anyway, what is the proper Spanish translation for Thanksgiving?

#80238 - 11/24/05 09:48 AM Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Happy Thanksgiving, to all United Statesens!! smile I'm leaving now to join family and will drive almost 2 hours with these snow flurries. Enjoy!

MadridMan's Football Bets: Altanta Falcons over Detroit Tigers and Dallas Cowboys over Denver Broncos. Now, let's see...

Saludos, MadridMan

P.S. to Men: GET OUT THERE AND HELP COOK/CLEAN UP!!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#80239 - 11/24/05 02:59 PM Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Same here from Murdy. I hope you all have a great day wherever you may be.

Un abrazo

#80240 - 11/25/05 05:31 AM Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Alando Offline

Loc: Japan
MM,

I think you mean Detroit Lions, si? wink

I thought living in Japan I might miss football, but I really only miss the ESPN NFL Primetime show. Haha..

#80241 - 11/25/05 02:51 PM Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
A late Happy Thanksgiving to all,

Alando, I can understand where the MadridMan might have confused the Detroit Tigers with the Detroit Lions. They both are equally good football players. smile

#80242 - 11/27/05 12:42 PM Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

DOH! Sheeesh! Yeah. Sorry about that. The Detroit Tigers baseball team was MY team when I was a kid.

Anyway, Dallas BARELY lost frown and the Atlanta Falcons (or are they the Atlanta Braves?? wink ) won on Thanksgiving Day. I didn't get get to watch much of either game as I was talking and catching up with family and had a wonderful two days. This annual Thankgiving day reunion on my father's side is my favorite time of the year. smile

For the evening meal we had more turkey, etcetera, and it was just as delicious the second time around. laugh

Hope you all had a nice Thankgiving too!

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments