Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#7992 - 03/20/05 10:56 AM My Madrid Hotel Review - Hostal Acapulco
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Hostal Acapulco on Salud 13, 915-311-945, http://www.hostalacapulco.com/

I stayed here for eight nights, February 26 – March 6 2005 and it will be my only choice when I return to Madrid. Do not be put off that is located on the fourth floor. There is an elevator. Because it is located on the fourth floor, it’s very quite during the night. My large single room had large firm bed with my own heater/air condition, a full bathroom with bathtub. No hairdryer, but I you can ask for one at the front desks. At the front desk, they have a computer with fast DSL Internet access for their hotel guests to use for free. This is a great idea to check the weather or send someone an email. The hotel is a five-minute walk from Puerta del Sol and the train station Sol. You are located in the heart of Madrid and everything that is a must see in Madrid is in easy walking distance to the hotel.

Since the hotel does not serve breakfast, each morning I went to Armenia, for orange juice, fresh croissant and coffee. The cafeteria/restaurant is two blocks away on Calle del Carmen right after the church. I highly recommend the place for the quality of food and service I received.

Now why do I come back to Hostal Acapulco? Because the staff was extremely friendly, helping me with my trips to Toledo, Salamanca, El Escorial and other places around Madrid. The hotel owner pulled out a map of Madrid and showed me all the places I should visit and the areas I should avoid. For my 39 euros a night I had a great friendly hotel, very comfortable room, quiet at night, in the heart of Madrid and is close by plenty of places to eat and shop. Everything that important to me in a hotel was found at Hostal Acapulco.

Bill

#7993 - 03/31/05 09:41 AM Re: My Madrid Hotel Review - Hostal Acapulco
ELECTRACITY Offline

Loc: CANADA
Bill:

Thanks for taking the time to give us your reccomendation and reviews. First hand information like this is so handy to have when looking for a place.
Thanks again for ALL the reviews you have posted.

#7994 - 04/03/05 02:45 PM Re: My Madrid Hotel Review - Hostal Acapulco
ellenoregon Offline

Loc: oregon usa
I want to second Bill's positive review of Hostal Acapulco. We spent two nights there in 3/05. Rooms are big and clean and nice looking, bathrooms are well-appointed, and many things have been done to cut down on typical Hostal noise - extra doors between reception and halls to rooms, soundproofing strips on individual room doors and carpet in the hallways. However, the walls still conduct sound between rooms, so earplugs may still be necessary. Two out of three persons staffing the front desk were English speaking, and they were all very helpful. The internet access was another benefit. We ate our breakfasts at the bar right after the fish store and were happy with that. Although they don't have a website, they respond quickly to email, even in English!

#7995 - 06/06/05 05:34 PM Re: My Madrid Hotel Review - Hostal Acapulco
jackym05 Offline

Loc: birmingham
does anyone know how much this hostal is in august as website is under construction thanks

#7996 - 06/06/05 07:14 PM Re: My Madrid Hotel Review - Hostal Acapulco
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
jackym05, while the website is under construction (and has been for about 2 years) you can still click on the envelope to send an email and request rates.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7997 - 06/13/05 07:40 PM Re: My Madrid Hotel Review - Hostal Acapulco
jackym05 Offline

Loc: birmingham
thanks, have now booked hostal playa for 8 nights in august so will let you know how we get on, will be first time in madrid.

#7998 - 06/13/05 11:24 PM Re: My Madrid Hotel Review - Hostal Acapulco
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I have stayed at Hostal Playa and would not again. It is a nice place, but maintenance is lax and management is not very service oriented.

There are many better places in that price range in the neighborhood.

#7999 - 10/10/05 06:05 PM Re: My Madrid Hotel Review - Hostal Acapulco
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
(originally posted by Bill from NYC on 10-10-2005 03:33 PM)

This is my second review of Hostel Acapulco and my first review was positive one. (see above)

This time I stayed for four nights in Sept 2005, but not in the same room as I did on my first trip. My room this time was large, had three beds I had to pick from, a large bathroom and a balcony. I found everything the same as my first visited. For the price I paid I had a great friendly hostel, very comfortable room that was quiet at night, in the heart of Madrid and is close by plenty of places to see, eat and shop. I can easily recommend it again and will stay again on my next trip to Madrid. laugh

I did mention to the owner about the need of a website and he is working on building one. wink

Bill

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8000 - 10/11/05 05:10 AM Re: My Madrid Hotel Review - Hostal Acapulco
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
I called Bill at Hostal Acapulco and I was surprised by the friendly tone of the receptionist. It seems to me that the people running this hostal take their business very seriously. It is also situated in a pedestrian street, isn´t?

Andres

#8001 - 10/12/05 08:44 AM Re: My Madrid Hotel Review - Hostal Acapulco
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Quote:
I called Bill at Hostal Acapulco and I was surprised by the friendly tone of the receptionist. It seems to me that the people running this hostal take their business very seriously. It is also situated in a pedestrian street, isn´t?
If it was not friendly I would not have stay there twice. wink

Pedestrian Street? If you mean a street were cars are not permitted to drive, that not correct it is a single lane street.

Bill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments