Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 12 of 28 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 27 28 >
Topic Options
#79680 - 09/09/05 10:37 PM Re: Who will help us!!
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
A very warm welcome to fulano. Thanks for pointing out that we supposedly government-dependent, lazy liberals in good old blue California are sending those self-rightous "self-sufficient, I don't need tax money" righties in the poor, tax money-sucking red states all our tax money. I'd forgotten that ironic bit of truth. Don't count on any of these people waking up to reality now that the results of Bush's total incompetence is floating down the streets of New Orleans in the form of dead bodies. Bush has been systematically dismantling FEMA for the last few years. Fortunately, FEMA didn't get their way when they announced that the news media wouldn't be allowed to film the collection of bodies. Maybe the media is getting its balls back. Just maybe we can vote these arrogant ba****ds out of office. You just know these morons are going to receive medals honor ("He's doing a heck of a job." "We didn't know that the NO convention center is being used for the hurricane victims...") Sorry, MM, I can't take it anymore.

In the meantime, send money, open your hearts, pray, and hope the people of America come to their senses in the next election. Of course, with Diebold voting machines in place, they'll just change the votes. These guys are evil.

In August 2001, we were warned about the three most devastating threats to our national security. They were: 1--a terrorist attack on NYC; 2--a direct-hit hurricane in New Orleans; and 3--a devastating earthquake in California. So, we've had numbers one and two...I'm going out to buy bottled water, canned food, etc.

Think I can count on those tax-sucking red states to send us their money? Yeah, I know, we gay-loving, poor-enabling, dependent citizen-creators deserve what we get....
mad rolleyes

#79681 - 09/09/05 11:27 PM Re: Who will help us!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hehehe.. You know I'm with you on all points, aidance, but let's not resort to name-calling. "Playing the blame game" rolleyes is one thing but let's stick to the facts as we know them to be (at least as we lefties see them because we all know the righties will never recognize them as facts) and not be bashin'. Thanks.

Bush finally put "Brownie" back at a FEMA desk-job in Washington D.C. (probably without a pay-cut) and appointed a Coast Guard, no-nonsense leader. (did I say "leader"???? What's that? It's been soooo long since....) Guess "Brownie's" resumé didn't stand up to its claims. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#79682 - 09/09/05 11:54 PM Re: Who will help us!!
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
BillfromNYC:For once I am going to have to agree with you. I for one do not like sending money to TV preachers. I think that Hank Williams Jr. said it best in one of his songs "the preacher on tv says the Lord needs your money, but gives you his address." I was not aware of the diamond mine allegation, but would not put it past him. The Salvation Army is the only one of those organizations that I will donate to. This board is not big enough to tell all I could say about the Red Cross. See there, you even got a hard nosed right winger to agree with you on something. laugh Could not have been a totally bad day for you.

Fulano for President smile smile smile

#79683 - 09/10/05 05:13 PM Re: Who will help us!!
fulano Offline

Loc: califas
Wow! this is funny, all the right wingers don't sound so self righteous any more and are running scared and resorting to name calling and trying to bait people into some non related argument. Hey lets stick to the subject! People dying and homeless, and our incompetent so called leaders have become a bunch of geldings. Wah Wah Wah! I'm going to go home and get my big brother on you! Hey Alando for your info since you asked,yes I identify with the poor suffering people who have been affected by this catastrophy, don't you? what happened to the philosophy of "all for one,one for all"? Hey if it was you in trouble I'd be there, bet on it, and you know why? because Yea I grew up in a poor rough neighborhood (Eastside of LA!) but we were raised to respect our fellow man(and women!) and if you needed help we would risk our culos to do the right thing,(per capita more Medal of Honor recipients than any other ethnic group,que no DD), Hey by the way is it a coincidence that the right wing and the major lending institutions got the law passed preventing citizens, and "small business's from filling bankruptcy? Wow I'm going to invest some money in the "Prison Industry" as for sure were going to need some "debtor prisons" built de voladas (pdq ya'all).

#79684 - 09/11/05 01:49 AM Re: Who will help us!!
pippo Offline

Loc: tarraco
I have read today that Bush have the lowest level of popularity that a president of USA have had in the last 70 years 39%, and Powell have said that the management of the hurrican have been worse than bad.
Mr. Bush have claimed that USA citizens have to think about the 9/11 spirit and fight with union against adversity, and have aproved a payement of 2000 dollars to everey citizen of Lousiana and the near states that have been injured theirselfs or their propierties, (the quantity could be around 24.000 millions of dollars while the money to clean the zone could be 24.000 millions more).
My question is:
This decision is a "left wing decision", isn`t it?

#79685 - 09/11/05 01:16 PM Re: Who will help us!!
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
This is from the New York Times today

Quote:
The heart-rending pictures broadcast from the Gulf Coast drew offers of every possible kind of help. But FEMA found itself accused repeatedly of putting bureaucratic niceties ahead of getting aid to those who desperately needed it.

Hundreds of firefighters, who responded to a nationwide call for help in the disaster, were held by the federal agency in Atlanta for days of training on community relations and sexual harassment before being sent on to the devastated area. The delay, some volunteers complained, meant lives were being lost in New Orleans.

"On the news every night you hear, 'How come everybody forgot us?' " said Joseph Manning, a firefighter from Washington, Pa., told The Dallas Morning News. "We didn't forget. We're stuck in Atlanta drinking beer."

Ms. Rule, the FEMA spokeswoman, said there was no urgency for the firefighters to arrive because they were primarily going to do community relations work, not rescue.
Interesting as houses are burning down, people need rescue, there are people in FEMA believe that fireman should stop helping and take training courses on community relations and sexual harassment. Sexual harrassment?

This definity sounds like you world being turn upside down! I thought I could not get more mad than I have been. But I have.

Bill

#79686 - 09/11/05 06:56 PM Re: Who will help us!!
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
Bill, Bill, BillfromNYC, of course they had to under go sexual harassment training. You would not want one of those hot blooded firefighters putting his hand in the wrong place while trying to save the life of a woman that had been in that water for a week. laugh One of those 350lb "Suthun Belles" that had been without a bath for a week, and in that water, she would be my first choice. Makes your hormones hop just to think about her. laugh laugh That was good thinking on someone's part. wink Rare, for a government employee to think that far ahead. I'll bet he was a Libertarian!!

#79687 - 09/11/05 07:35 PM Re: Who will help us!!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Sorry DD,

You must be wrong on this one. Sexual harrassment training is obviously a priority of the conservatives. confused

So funny how the liberals hang us with a rope, and then complain about the rope. frown

Fulano,

Your arguments are so well organized and overwhelming, that I'm voting for Hilary in 2008, but only if you're not running for president.

Fulano for President. smile smile smile smile smile

Pippo,

You have to understand. That according to the media, everything bad that occurs here is a Republican conspiracy. wink

#79688 - 09/12/05 08:02 PM Re: Who will help us!!
Student Offline

Loc: USA
This string is both fun laugh and informative smile . In addition to CNN cool and BBC :p news, one could gather news and ideas in these series of posts wink . I hope MM would let it open as long as members are still sharing thier thoughts wink .

I have noticed, however, that Dessert Dweller and Gazpacho seem to use more of the "Instant Graemlins" than the others. Is thier any significance to that? confused

#79689 - 09/12/05 09:58 PM Re: Who will help us!!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Student,

Glad you should ask! Let me teach you. smile

The main reason I use them, is to show in my posts, where certain ideas start and end. I do this with paragraphs also. I find it essential, when sharing ideas, to use very short, organized statements with as much meaning as possible.

I would find it offensive to my reader if I did nothing more than repeat my entire repertoire of half-truths, lies and hate in an unending, disorganized paragraph, but it seems like liberals have no qualms against this very useful method. wink

Besides their arguments being a Gordian knot of congealed nonsense, they are offensively illogical and worse, unartistic in their writings. frown

laugh laugh laugh But besides this, I think these "Instant Gramlins" are also a way of communicating many ideas in a very compact way. For me, they sometimes punctuate what I just said, not that, after I've said it, it could possibly be improved upon. wink

I repeat, thank you for the chance to answer this.

Page 12 of 28 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 27 28 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 808 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments