Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#7906 - 03/03/05 04:44 PM Apartment in Bilbao for the month of July
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Hello everybody!

I am trying to finalize plans for the summer, and just recently was accepted into a summer program in the University of Deusto in Bilbao. I would love to find an inexpensive apartment for my family and me while I am taking classes. I would need it for the first 3 weeks of July. Preferably 3 bedrooms, but 2 would be okay. Does anyone have any ideas of how and where to look for a place? Any thoughts are most appreciated.

Esperanza

#7907 - 03/04/05 05:28 AM Re: Apartment in Bilbao for the month of July
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wow. That might be "a tall order", esperanza. 3-weeks is a relatively short time to avoid the "holiday/vacation apartment" rates and not long enough o get a long-term-lease price. You might consider visiting the Bilbao newspapers online (I think there's one listed on the Spain News page ) but maybe user deibid can provide it to you - or some other options - directly since (s)he's in the Bilbao area. Or maybe (s)he even knows someone personally who has a place for rent for a reasonable price.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7908 - 03/04/05 05:49 AM Re: Apartment in Bilbao for the month of July
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
Unfortunately it's not the case, MM, but I can give some advice...esperanza goes to Deusto University, that's where I studied. And I know that there's a lot of student apartments offered there.
The university offers its own RESIDENCE MORE INFO
And an Alternate one
The problem is that these residences should be complete (maybe not, it's summer!) and less economic than an apartment.

Finally, the University provides a GUIDANCE SERVICE
that may be useful for helping to find acommodation in the city.
Good luck and enjoy July!

#7909 - 03/04/05 10:59 AM Re: Apartment in Bilbao for the month of July
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

hi deibid
I was hoping you would reply! Your post is very informative! but, since I will be with my family, the residence halls would not work for us! I did think of possibly a pensión or a hostal (if they could give me a good rate!) Do you also know of any real estate agency that may deal with furnished apartments? thanks for any ideas!
Esperanza

#7910 - 03/04/05 11:57 AM Re: Apartment in Bilbao for the month of July
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
i'l mention it to my host family in Bilbao, from when i did a summer program at Deusto and see if they know anything. you will have an amazing time! La Universidad de Deusto is beautiful, the Bilbao metro makes everything so easy, and there are some really nice, not touristy at all beaches that you can reach by metro. your family will really enjoy it!
good luck,
kelly

#7911 - 03/04/05 12:43 PM Re: Apartment in Bilbao for the month of July
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Wow! Kelly, thanks so much! I have always read your posts about Bilbao and I did get to go to Bilbao 2 summers ago, and really enjoyed the very short time (2 days) spent there. I would appreciate if you would mention it to your "family" in Bilbao. thanks!
Esperanza smile

#7912 - 03/05/05 07:11 AM Re: Apartment in Bilbao for the month of July
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Congratulations, Esperanza! A dream realized! cool

Sorry I can't help with your quest for lodging. Maybe you can find something in the Casco Viejo. Be sure to visit the 3-story Mercado across the rio Nervion; I guess you'll be buying groceries there. smile

Please teach us some Euskera when you get back. rolleyes

#7913 - 03/07/05 04:30 AM Re: Apartment in Bilbao for the month of July
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Hi, Esperanza!
I'm so sorry..I can't help with lodging, since Bilbao is my birth city, I didn't need that info.

#7914 - 03/09/05 10:38 AM Re: Apartment in Bilbao for the month of July
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

I was just told of an available apartment for the month of July and I hope some of you may know about the different neighborhoods in Bilbao and therefore help me make a decision if I should take this apartment or not.

For a 3 bedroom apt. in the Sarriko neighborhood on Orixe street. It will cost 700 euros for July
My most important question is about the safety in that area and if it is a place where my daughters will find things to do ( parks, cafés, stores, etc.)in the mornings while I am in class.

They tell me it is 5 minutes by metro to the University. Is this true?

deibid and kelly, I sent you both a more complete description of the apartment, and I hope you can give me an opinion.

#7915 - 03/09/05 10:56 AM Re: Apartment in Bilbao for the month of July
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Hi again!
I sent you a response a moment ago, but regarding the metro...you wont need the metro to go to the University, it's just one stop and it leaves you 10 minutes away from the University on foor.
Just walk from your apartment, it's a pleasant..eeer depending on the weather... 15 minutes walk.
I think you would actually spend more time using the metro than on foot!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments