Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7887 - 02/27/05 01:00 PM Madrid Hostels: can't choose between Areso, Adriano & Tijcal II
Angelica Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
After reading all posts and reviews on this interesting forum, I dediced to book a hostel instead of a hotel.
But now I read so many reviews, that I don't know what to choose.
I doubt between Hostal Aresol , Adriano & Tijcal II .
Who can help me out on this?
Btw: we travel with 2 persons (boyfriend and I) for 5 days, 3 nights. We plan to arrive on Wednesday March 2nd.
Thx! wink

#7888 - 02/27/05 01:26 PM Re: Madrid Hostels: can't choose between Areso, Adriano & Tijcal II
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello Angelica!! Welcome to MadridMan's ALL SPAIN Message Board!

Like you, I've read so many positive reviews of the above that I too would have difficulty deciding between them. They're ALL very centrally located, right around the Plaza Mayor and Puerta del Sol. I've personally stayed at Hostal Aresol (just aside the Puerta del Sol) and can recommend them.

But after reading SO MANY excellent reviews about Hostal Adriano (near both Puerta del Sol and Plaza Mayor) and having toured it twice already, that's next on my list of places to try. It looks much more like a hotel than your typical hostel.

I don't think I've read much yet about Hostal T.I.J.C.A.L. II (near Puerta del Sol) though, probably because it's relatively new to the internet (1-2 years). I've read several very good reviews about Hostal T.I.J.C.A.L. I (aside Plaza Mayor).

Is price important? If so, choose the cheapest one - Hostal Aresol. If not, from what I know from first-hand experience and what I've seen on their websites, Hostal Adriano is the nicest one and Hostal TIJCAL II is most expensive.

Good luck and enjoy your time in Madrid!

MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7889 - 02/27/05 01:45 PM Re: Madrid Hostels: can't choose between Areso, Adriano & Tijcal II
Angelica Offline

Thank you! It is a very nice and interesting site!
The price is not so important as the difference is rather small (if I could spend a fortune, I think I would try the Ritz for once haha). Just kidding,I found a booking site where I can book Tijcal for the same price as Adriano. Pfff choices, difficult but also a luxury problem.

#7890 - 03/06/05 05:12 AM Re: Madrid Hostels: can't choose between Areso, Adriano & Tijcal II
Angelica Offline

Update:
we went to Madrid last week and it was fabulous. At first, after a lot of doubts, we reserved at the hostal Tijcal II . The 3 stars mean nothing unfortunately. The first room was ca. 2 x 2.4 m2. If you wanted to go to the bathroom you couldn't close the door. I complained and we got another room the next day. Which was better. But I succeeded to cancel and went to the hostal Adriano . What a difference! And even a bit cheaper but I didn't care so much about the price difference. The elevator is still not fixed and I forgot to ask when it is ready. But if you do not know what to choose, forget about Tijcal II and go to Adriano!

#7891 - 03/06/05 11:32 AM Re: Madrid Hostels: can't choose between Areso, Adriano & Tijcal II
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Angelica, thanks SO MUCH for the feedback about your experiences. It's appreciated not only by me but by other, future travelers I'm sure. We're also glad to know you had an enjoyable visit to Spain. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7892 - 03/13/05 09:59 PM Re: Madrid Hostels: can't choose between Areso, Adriano & Tijcal II
Ann in KC Offline

Loc: Kansas City
Last May we were chosing between the TICAL and Hostal Adriano as well. We chose Adriano, based on what I read on this site. We were very happy there, so much so that we are booking in again this May for four nights.

Adriano is in a wonderful location (very near Plaza Santa Ana and the Puerta del Sol), it has nice features in the rooms (cable, wireless DSL, and a fridge), the rooms are spotless and cheerful, and the management is very friendly and helpful. The street side rooms are brighter and have the small terrazas typical in Spanish buildings (just enough to put your feet on) that provide a nice view of the street below. The inside rooms are quieter and (someone mentioned) a bit bigger (?). The only real downside -- as already mentioned -- is the lack of an elevator.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments