Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7883 - 02/26/05 10:44 AM Barcelona – 6 months accommodation – where?
Gary Miller Offline

Hi all

I’ve just landed a 6 month contract based in Vilafranca del Penedes which I understand is about 30 miles west of Barcelona city centre. So now I need some accommodation.

Ideally I’m looking for a fully furnished and serviced 1-2 bed apartment that allows me to get to Barcelona city centre by metro/train in a reasonable time and is less than an hour’s commute (by car in rush hour) to Vilafranca del Penedes. Budget is about 1500 EUR per month.

I don’t know Barcelona at all and have never been there. Is the above viable? Can anyone suggest suitable districts I should be looking at and who I could contact to view apartments?

Thanks, Gary

#7884 - 02/26/05 11:11 AM Re: Barcelona – 6 months accommodation – where?
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Hi there,
Normally a web-site like segundamano would be the first place to look. However if you don't speak Spanish, this may not be an option..
Maybe you could pop into 1 or 2 English language schools or Irish pubs in Barcelona and find out from ex-pats already living there what the situation is? I'm not 100% sure on this, but there may be a free English language magazine you can pick up in the Irish bars there that has classifieds.
Lastly, try speaking to your work colleagues. I take it some of them were new to the area before working for the company. Incidentally, if there are any vacancies at your new company please publicise them here - there's more than 1 poster here who would be interested in working in Espana.
Good luck..

#7885 - 02/26/05 01:38 PM Re: Barcelona – 6 months accommodation – where?
Supertubbie Offline

Loc: Madrid
In Barcelona center I know accomodation for you. It's not furnished but probaly that can be arranged. It's in in Pobla Nou. It's very close to the beach. But he person only speaks Spanish.

House, 70m2 meters, near beach if you are intreested I can get more info for you.

#7886 - 03/01/05 03:21 PM Re: Barcelona – 6 months accommodation – where?
Gary Miller Offline

Thanks for the info. I think central Barcelona is going to be too difficult for a commute by car to Villafranca. Stiges seems like a possible option ATM.

Regarding jobs AFAIK the project is now fully staffed but I post if I hear differently.
smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments