Seems that things are beginning to get out of hand here and maybe it's time to close this thread before they do.

Criticism does not equal Hate but the level of name-calling in this thread has reached an uncomfortable point for me. I've made it a kind of rule to let this "Non-Spain Discussion" forum be more open-ended than the others, allowing more views for and against, more tangents, more expression.

The election is over. Now we ALL have to live with the results. US politics is not popular is much of the rest of the world and we (the USA) have a lot of work to do to improve - and hopefully we will. Clearly, the USA is a major interventionist in the matters of other countries. Anyone in the USA or abroad who doesn't see this isn't seeing reality.

Nationalism is not usually a good thing no matter how it's presented to the citizens and flag-waving doesn't usually make many friends (i.e. allies) in the world unless you're of a like-mind. I'd like to see the USA become more of a Big Brother than a Father in the world.

Anyone know the saying, "Do as I say and not do as I do"? Is that fair? Have you ever told an older sibling, "You're not the boss of me!"? No one likes being told what to do or forced to do something that goes against your beliefs or have the beliefs of others LEGISLATED upon us. Then you can imagine how many other countries in the world feel when stronger, more powerful and influential entitities are attempting to manage every move of a smaller, weaker, less-influential nation on the word stage.

We all share this world. We (the USA) don't own it.

So that's it! You've been a wonderful audience. Goodnight! (topic closed - don't you just hate it when I get the last word and then close the topic?)

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog