Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#78367 - 09/04/04 10:39 PM Re: Clinton Health Crisis
warnerchilcott Offline

Loc: Montgomery, AL, USA
Bill Clinton was both an adulterer and a liar. He lied to his wife, he lied to his country about a slezzy afair. Clintion, not telling his wife the truth, sent Hillary out into the media to defend him! I have absolutely no respect for him. He was and still is an embarasment to the United States. All the personality in the world can not hide the fact that he made serious errors in judgement in his personal life that led to to errors in his public life. I wish him a speedy recovery from surgery. I had quadruple bypass surgery just this past April. At his age, two years older than me, he should be up and at them in a few weeks.

#78368 - 09/05/04 09:21 AM Re: Clinton Health Crisis
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
Yeah, let's talk about liars. . . Greg Palast has the evidence that Bush Sr. pulled political strings to get Bush Jr. to the front of the list in the Texas Air National Guard, even though he scored only one point above the "too dumb to fly" level on the pilot entrance exam, thus forcing others, more qualified, to end up in Viet Nam. It is interesting that the substrate on which microfilm is printed is extremely durable (you can crank 50 year-old film through the viewer fast without any problem), but the DOD film which just happened to hold Bush's pay records somehow became brittle and fell apart! Baloney. This is a cover up, pure and simple to keep the evidence that Bush was AWOL. Wonder if he still drinks and snorts cocaine, two really nasty addictions for which he has never received treatment.

I'm really tired of the Republicans raping the country over and over again, including treasonable crimes (voter fraud, outing agents, illegal wars, torture, denial of constitutional rights, etc.) then damning any Democrat for any hyped-up charge that they can manufacture (ie. "Swift Boat Vetrans," Clinton impeachment). I always wondered why Gringrich was soooo silent about the Lewinsky bruhaha. Turns out he was making the "beast with two backs" with a mistress at the time. It is obvious they are a bunch of liars, who will not hesitate to stoop to any depth to ramrod their radical right-wing agenda down our throats.

Personally, I hope the citizens turn out in the streets and shut the country down if (when) the Republicans rig the election again, as they are obviously doing. Feels like the 60's again. I believe Thomas Paine (or was it Madison or Jefferson) said he thought there should be a revolution in the country every 25 years in order to keep it free.

Clinton, you will recall, left the country with over 2 trillion dollars in surpluses. The recession started on Bush's watch, not on Clinton's -- the Republicans abandoned the time-honored methods of determining when recessions began, and by fiat just declared it started under Clinton. Typical. Besides, I'll take an adulterer over a war criminal any time.

#78369 - 09/05/04 09:48 AM Re: Clinton Health Crisis
Ed S Offline

Loc: Harrisburg, PA, USA
How about that bypass? (This was about the bypass correct?)

#78370 - 09/05/04 10:15 AM Re: Clinton Health Crisis
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Martin,

Are you really James Carville? No, only the Democrats, and Kerry in particular, are guilty of treasonable crimes. Face it, your party is utterly devoid of morals, principals, and could give a darn less about the U.S. Bottom line.

I'll try and duck the spit balls. wink

Quote:
Besides, I'll take an adulterer over a war criminal any time.
Yeah, I kind of prefer Clinton to Kerry also.

#78371 - 09/05/04 12:13 PM Re: Clinton Health Crisis
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Ed S, there's an article about Clinton's heart bypass surgery in the USAToday article HERE . Seems he'll have the surgery early this week.

But yes, Clinton lied to the world about the affair - this I HATE - and then he got caught, something that rarely happens to presidents. But presidents learned a long time ago to DENY DENY DENY.... ONLY UNTIL you get caught. AND ONLY THEN do you admit it. This is the way the game is played and some presidents are better at this game than others. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#78372 - 09/05/04 02:34 PM Re: Clinton Health Crisis
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
Gazpacho:

Pardon me, "only the Democrats and Kerry are guilty of treasonable crimes"??? Let's see. . . Nixon, had to leave office because he was about to be impeached after covering for the Watergate burglars; Reagan, Mr. "I don't remember. . ." with Olie North and Poindexter selling cocaine to Americans to fund the illegal arms sales to Iran who had just held Americans hostage, to continue a ruinous civil war in Nicaraga, with US-backed death squads killing and torturing innocent people: Reagan, who shut down mental health facilities and just released mentally ill patients onto the streets to shift for themselves as best they could; the Gipper again, who made ketchup an acceptable "vegetable" on school lunches, which were often the only nutritous meal many poor children had; who "deregulated" the banking and other industries to disasterous effect; Bush senior, whore to, among others, a Canadian gold company who illegally overran fields in Africa, killing at least 50 miners who where buried alive; and now Bush II, who, instead of sheparding the 2 trillion dollars Clinton stored up, immediately gave it ALL away to the richest 10 percent or so of Americans, has increased poverty roles by 1 million last year alone, has no money for the "war" on terror, no plan to exit Iraq, is licking his greasy lips over "privatization" of Social Security which will wipe out the last safety net for the elderly and disabled (including yours truly); who is disemboweling the Bill of Rights; who refuses to acknowledge global warming even though his own scientists say it is real, and refuses to sign the Kyoto Accord, the first real hope to combat a gathering world-wide catastrophe; who wants to abandon the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty to develop tactical nukes; whose staff tried to make torture a legal procedure; who laugh at the Geneva Convention; who cannot win except through vote fraud and a corrupt Supreme Court. . . the list is too long to type. THESE are your "patriots?" Your "honorable men?" And you are whining about Clinton having no morals because he is an adulterer?! What strange criteria for morality you have! The current administration are terrorists in the truest sense of the word.

Isn't going AWOL in time of war a courts-martial offense? Besides, I have never heard anyone accusing Kerry of a war crime, not even by the "Swift Boat Veterans." To the contrary he, unlike Bush, is a decorated vetran. If he is so horrible, why did the Navy give him a bronze and a silver star? Just what medals for heroism does Bush have? The medals are given very selectively, I know, my father was Intelligence Officer on the USS Newcomb during WWII, which received a Unit Citation, and he a Bronze Star for valor.

Like the Republican spin machine, you have no arguments, no plan for the future which will benefit any but the richest few, and can only try to smear honorable men. Pathetic.

I wish President Clinton (he was cleared by the Senate of the impeachment charges, you will remember) a speedy recovery and long life. We could use more like him.

#78373 - 09/05/04 04:06 PM Re: Clinton Health Crisis
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Yup. James Carville.

That's quite a litany of unsubstatiated accusations though.

#78374 - 09/07/04 08:31 AM Re: Clinton Health Crisis
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
thank you Adiance -
Quote:
No, gazpacho, the press, right wing radio personalities, and the Republicans in congress allowed Clinton's personal life to bring his presidency to a "standstill." It would have been nice to follow world events during that time, but it was next to impossible for the many of us who couldn't have cared less where Clinton was putting it. Of course, what Clinton did was morally wrong, but it was against his wife and child, and his God, not the nation. His mistake was that he felt he needed to answer questions at all. He should have said, "none of your business," and dealt with his family and God only.
Beautifully said -

Former President Clinton is recovering well according to all the press as of this morning - to somewhat keep this thread on track ....

I heard an interesting comment the other day - will try to find the source and add the link when I have a moment - actually, Martin de Madrid or one of our Ohio residents (MM?) might be able to supply the same ????

Seems that the key republican in Ohio backing the Bush re-election campaign in that state is ALSO the head of the company that makes the computers &/or software that is to be used for the election process in November - and this **** announced - on record - that " His job was to get GWB relected - no holds barred! mad mad mad mad

If this isn't as close to publically announcing you plan to rig the elections - i don't know what is!

And for Gazpacho - there is a splendid bumper sticker floating around the country - "I love my country - but I fear my government ....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments