MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#78309 - 08/18/04 08:27 PM Re: 2004 Summer Olympics: Athens, Greece
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
The whole Cuban team should defect...can you imagine that! eek . I think that would push Fidel over the edge! laugh laugh laugh

#78310 - 08/19/04 02:32 AM Re: 2004 Summer Olympics: Athens, Greece
Monofeo Offline

Loc: Metro Los Angeles, California
I love the Olympics! I do cheer on the US, but I usually like the "underdogs" to win. During the cold war era, it was sort of boring to see the competition between the East and West, similar to the excitement of US politics(had to take a jab). I like to beleive that all have a chance based on their abilities, regardless of their financial backing or support.

I was really happy when Greece got the gold medal for Men's Synchronized Diving. The media didn't even feel they were in medal contention. Love the upsets! It makes it more interesting and suspenseful.

Louie

#78311 - 08/19/04 03:21 AM Re: 2004 Summer Olympics: Athens, Greece
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
PAUL HAMM ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh laugh laugh

#78312 - 08/19/04 08:40 AM Re: 2004 Summer Olympics: Athens, Greece
jaimemiguel Offline

Loc: columbus, ohio USA
TYLER HAMILTON ROLLS!!!!!!!!!! cool

#78313 - 08/20/04 06:53 PM Re: 2004 Summer Olympics: Athens, Greece
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Well, little Carly Patterson was fantastic!!!
You Go, Girl! cool

#78314 - 08/20/04 10:04 PM Re: 2004 Summer Olympics: Athens, Greece
ebetancourt Offline

Loc: Tennessee
OK, let's hear it for the equestrian events. To see a great picture of a Spanish rider with a Spanish horse go to equisearch.com and click on the Olympic coverage. Great story. For the non-horsepeople, understand that horses competing at this level are capable of "freaking out" over the smallest things -- posting the best score and then walking out with no reins is incredible. Clapping while doing it, well most of the other horses would have been in Albania.

ernesto

#78315 - 08/20/04 11:02 PM Re: 2004 Summer Olympics: Athens, Greece
Monofeo Offline

Loc: Metro Los Angeles, California
Ernesto,

Gracias por el link. I am a big animal lover, and was in complete amazement at the equestrian performances. The horses are gorgeous and very elegant. I was captivated by the routine. It was truly beautiful! The horses are extremely intelligent, and should be getting most of the credit. I can't wait to see the finals.

By the way, does anyone know of where we may be able to see an equestrian performance in Andulucia this September. Me and my partner are going to be in Malaga 20/9 through 25/9. It would be a real treat!

Thanks!

Louie

#78316 - 08/21/04 07:08 AM Re: 2004 Summer Olympics: Athens, Greece
ebetancourt Offline

If you can get to Jerez you can go to the center of classical dressage in Spain. Check out:

http://www.realescuela.org/

I had hoped to go riding near Carmona this fall, but it will have to wait until Spring...

&(()&(*&(*&(*&(&(

ernesto

#78317 - 08/21/04 10:28 PM Re: 2004 Summer Olympics: Athens, Greece
ebetancourt Offline

Spain got the silver in Dressage! Only one horse on the team is not an "Andaluz" (and I assume PRE).

Wow! This in a world where Dutch and German warmbloods have ruled forever.

ernesto

#78318 - 08/22/04 09:27 PM Re: 2004 Summer Olympics: Athens, Greece
vicki Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
I love the Olympics, too! I especially love that I can watch both NBC and the CBC (Canadian TV). Imagine, Canadians actually provide coverage of events in which they have no chance to medal. Of course, that may be because they haven't been doing too well in the medals.. frown (no offense intended to Canadians on the list - the CBC has had extensive coverage of the " why are we doing so badly and what can we do to fix it" variety).

I also like that the CBC broadcasters allow moments to just happen and don't feel the need to talk incessantly the entire time...and they didn't cut away from Spain during the opening ceremonies laugh (...and I got to watch Spanish men's beach volleyball team beat Canada today). They also have their share of inane chatter, but it is really nice to have a choice of so many events to watch (between all of the NBC affiliates and Canadian channels)

At any rate I like the standard favorites (swimming, track & field), but I also savor the chance to watch sports that rarely get much TV coverage - rowing, equestrian, fencing, and more!

I am hoping to attend the winter Olympics when they come to Vancouver B.C., but for now I have to get back to my Olympic coverage addiction

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments