MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#78248 - 08/05/04 08:35 AM BBS Maintenance Completed Saturday Night
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Saturday night, at around 10pm Eastern USA time (4am Spain time) the message board will be DOWN for "routine maintenance". Should only be down a couple hours or so.

Yeah. THIS is how I spend a Saturday night in Columbus, Ohio, USA. Ugh! rolleyes Whooopee!

Thanks for your patience!

Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#78249 - 08/05/04 04:45 PM Re: BBS Maintenance Completed Saturday Night
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Well, Madridman, but think of us, who will have absolutely nothing to do! eek No MM! no TVEi! No waiting for the sun to come up on the Rias de Vigo!

Saludos, and hoping all will go well!

#78250 - 08/06/04 08:31 AM Re: BBS Maintenance Completed Saturday Night
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
I think I will go into Madrid, hang out at a Tapas bar with some friends and then listen to some flamenco! laugh Also, this week, if I get a reply, I hope to be interviewing a new model. LIFE IS GOOD HERE IN MADRID! Hey, I know what all you poor folks in the US can do on Saturday night, call your travel agent and book a flight to somewhere closer to Heaven. Then we could all fiesta together. I just wish people would realize that the only way to start living their dreams is to JUST DO IT! All those excuses about job, family, mortgage are just that: excuses. If you want something enough you will find a way. Enlist the enthusiasm of your spouse; think of how good it would be for the children to experience life, not just a vacation, in Spain; start that web-based business you have been dreaming about; if you don't try it, soon you are much older, more in debt and discouraged. If you never do it, you never do it! Life is about risk, life IS risk, no matter where you are. So why not be in Madrid, or whereever you really want to be?

I bet we could form a huge cooperative to help one another come over here. Almost five-thousand members on this board. We can do something more than argue politics rolleyes (and I argue as fiercely as anyone). How about some creative energy people?

Five-thousand people with a passion for Spain, for life. . . THAT'S a lot of passion! I'm throwing down the gauntlet! Any takers?

I promise I will do my very best to help anyone who wants to take the leap. If at all possible I will meet you at the airport, help you find a place to stay, help you with the bureaucracy, with whatever knowledge I have gained in the past four-and-a-half years of living here. The only thing I ask is that you pass along the favor to someone else. How about it folks?!

#78251 - 08/06/04 09:50 AM Re: BBS Maintenance Completed Saturday Night
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Quote:
All those excuses about job, family, mortgage are just that: excuses.
Martín, what a sweetly romantic notion! laugh You sound like Auntie Mame,when she adviced her cautious secretary Edna to: "Live, Live, Live" :p Edna went and LIVED, and as a result, got pregnant!!!!

#78252 - 08/06/04 09:51 AM Re: BBS Maintenance Completed Saturday Night
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks, Martín de Madrid. But remember, this is a Non-Spain topic in the "Non-Spain Discussion" forum. Soooooo..... tomorrow night, at about 10pm, the message board will be DOWN for maintenance. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#78253 - 08/06/04 05:20 PM Re: BBS Maintenance Completed Saturday Night
Martín de Madrid Offline

In that case, MM, maybe some of the maintenance you need to do is to move my reply to a more appropriate forum! wink

Booklady, I have always enjoyed your posts. Always upbeat and positive. You have the ability to, as my incredible step-mother would have said, "Step on people's toes without spoiling their shoeshine. . ." However, I will take NO responsibility for anyone who follows my advice getting pregnant, or getting someone pregnant! eek

All my life I have lived by such ideas, irresponsible as they might be, and as a result I am not rich in money, but I have had a very interesting life! I never regretted it, besides, you cannot take the money with you in the end.

#78254 - 08/06/04 08:01 PM Re: BBS Maintenance Completed Saturday Night
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Martín, what a charming man you are! We must share a sherry at the Plaza Mayor! wink

Quote:
All my life I have lived by such ideas, irresponsible as they might be, and as a result I am not rich in money, but I have had a very interesting life! I never regretted it, besides, you cannot take the money with you in the end.
I agree with you! And your mode of living is certainly not irresponsible. You have enriched your life with your experiences. When one is experience rich, one has memories to cherish, and those are priceless.

But, alas, rolleyes some of us did get pregnant along the way, and our life is shared by the dreams and needs of those around us. So now that my little chick is flying from the nest I too am planning my adventure to live in Spain!!!

#78255 - 08/07/04 01:28 AM Re: BBS Maintenance Completed Saturday Night
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Sounds to me like Martin got lucky last night. wink

#78256 - 08/07/04 08:05 AM Re: BBS Maintenance Completed Saturday Night
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

laugh rolleyes wink

#78257 - 08/07/04 03:41 PM Re: BBS Maintenance Completed Saturday Night
Martín de Madrid Offline

Re: "getting lucky" laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh No comment!

Booklady: I'd love to share a glass of sherry with you. Just let me know when you will be here. Better yet, I'll ask my wife if you might come to dinner at our house. (She is VERY jealous, and might not understand, but then sometimes she suprises me -- that Latin blood, you know laugh ). Anyway, thank you for the very kind compliment. And, BRAVO for you. They say that "life is what happens while you are making other plans. . ."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments