Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 21 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21 >
Topic Options
#78068 - 07/19/04 10:03 AM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wow, Fupanier & gazpacho, for two people who haven't even seen the film you're getting more mileage out of this thread than anybody! hehehe... laugh

Rule #1 For Right-Wing Conservatives:
Discredit your detractors and opposition

Rule #2 For Right-Wing Conservatives:
Marginalize your detractors and opposition

Rule #3 For Right-Wing Conservatives:
"Fool me once.. umm... err... shame on.. umm.. you. Fool me... err.. ummm... oh... you won't fool me again."

Rule #4 For Right-Wing Conservatives:
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance then baffle them with bullsh*t laugh

I'm sure there are more rules in this game. rolleyes

ANYWAY, back to the film... The movie isn't all doom-and-gloom, either. In fact, there are a number of funny situations. For example, the one which taravb mentions above. But also the one you see in the ads on TV where GWB is on the golf course and he's telling reporters about how vigilant we must be and how hard we need to work to get these terrorists. Then he pauses, steps back away from the microphones and says, "Now watch this drive" and then lets one fly and smiles proudly of his distance. That's priceless. laugh

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#78069 - 07/19/04 10:25 AM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
Fupanier Offline

Loc: Oregon
That's the rules just for right wing conservatives? laugh

For all of the promoting of the film, I STILL haven't heard anything damning from you or anybody else that can't easily be refuted.

dazzle-dazzle-dazzle cool

Fup

PS: The left is great for throwing out accusations.... backing them up is the problem.

#78070 - 07/19/04 10:36 AM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Dear Mr/Ms. "Last Word":
Quote:
I STILL haven't heard anything damning from you or anybody else that can't easily be refuted.
And I STILL haven't heard anything that supports the claim of responsible and honest leadership! Lots of CLAIMS of such but nothing to back it up. Just talk-talk-talk, rhetoric, lofty/empty promises, etcetera.

Okay. Your turn. rolleyes

Let's try to keep this topic online with the title - THE MOVIE for those whom have seen it and can comment on IT, THE MOVIE.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#78071 - 07/19/04 10:43 AM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
Fupanier Offline

Loc: Oregon
MM -

You hadn't asked that question!

Okay, I'll be quiet - it was mostly just the three of us (& maybe just you & me now) - anyway.

I think I'm driving you suspiciouslly close to violating your own rules and calling me nasty names -

See you on other topics! (If I'm not bumped) eek

Fup

#78072 - 07/19/04 11:10 AM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
nevado Offline

Gazpacho,
You stated: "I would predict that even if we did this, we would still be envied by the rest of the world and they would still hate us for being rich and powerful."
How many Europeans do you think share your opinion? Many are laughing at the US, certainly not envious of it.

#78073 - 07/19/04 11:41 AM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
People who haven't seen the movie seem to think that it's all Michael Moore doing voice-overs...but it's not. For a lot of the film, he simply rolls footage of things that we don't see on American TV:

Caskets arriving back from Iraq.

A woman placing a flag in front of her house in honor of her dead son, a son whose last letter home from Iraq expressed the frustration and anger of a person fighting for something that he cannot believe in.

American soldiers, barely out of high school, cranking up violent CDs in their armored vehicles while they patrol the streets of Iraq.

American soldiers being injured in Iraq.

Dead and horribly maimed Iraqis.

Bush I and Bush II meeting with Arab leaders--and Bush II meeting with Afghan Taliban leaders prior to 9/11.

Saudi prince Bandar (nicknamed "Bandar Bush"), enjoying unprecedented access to the Bush family. A Saudi prisoner being beheaded in a public execution.

A vicious, narrow-minded woman telling a peace protester and a grieving mother that their emotions are faked--and then challenging the grieving mother with angry words about her lost son.

George W. Bush, on the morning of 9/11, sitting in an elementary classroom reading "My Pet Goat" in silence while the World Trade Center burned, firefighters sacrificed their lives, and the entire country trembled in fear. If you truly believe that he just didn't want to "worry the children," you need to see this footage. He had MANY opportunities to leave ("sorry kids, I have to go now" would have worked fine). The vacuous look on his face speaks volumes about what the guy has going on upstairs.

I stand by my assertion that the film should be seen by EVERYONE--go ahead and roll your eyes at Michael Moore if you want, but WATCH THE FILM. Then comment. Even without the spin and the rhetoric, you'll find much to make you wonder about how we got to the point where we now find ourselves.

#78074 - 07/19/04 12:08 PM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Somebody wrote (no. I won't start calling names and now regret the "Mr./Ms. Last Word" title. Sorry about that)
Quote:
PS: The left is great for throwing out accusations.... backing them up is the problem.
And the right is great for sitting idly by with blind faith - NOT asking any tough questions.

Okay! Now let's talk about the film! I'm still waiting for charlost's review, the starter of this thread. He's/She's seen it already and surely has some comments.

#78075 - 07/19/04 02:47 PM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
charlost Offline

Loc: madrid ahora en buenos aires
Hi people!!

Ohh, I didnt expect being the cause of such a terrific war inside the board...Well, not really smile
I read so stupid(sorry) comments like, the rest of the world should envy us because we are the best world in the world (power, richness.. bla, bla, bla.) Believe me I dont envy USA, I can envy people but I can believe living in the most powerful country in the world makes them so happy and rich(just thinking in thouse guys who try to run away from misery going to the army after General Motors fire 30000 people.) Probably a guy from Norway is more to be envied. Yesterday I read a article in the paper about the countries with best human development and USA was 8 so...
Anyway, I started this topic to talk about the film and how its affect to the people who has seen it (I admit I prefer the opinion from americans... smile ) But after reading all the messages I notice that people who more apasionated participated (and defended Bush administration and USA culture and those things) they didnt actually watch the fiml yet, so whats are these people talking about it?? Of course everybody is free to participated, thats great, but Im not interested in their opinion if they didnt pay the ticket .
I dont want to see them on their knees asking for being forgiven after watching it but pleople dont close your mind, defend your country but with some sense (furnapier...If you pretend that anybody read every link you write on the page you presume we have too much free time) Probably the Moore´s film has mistakes, for sure it has a clear target (try to make democrats win the next election) but OH MY GOD, in general, most of the people in Europe, Southamerica, Africa (probably Irak laugh , and Asia) has a bad opinion (hate is too strong) about Bush president and people who support him, but the film probably will make them to change their minds and think... even worse (I didnt know it was possible) frown ...Even if people only throught one (1) egg at his car...).

From the rest of the world...
Saludos

#78076 - 07/19/04 04:20 PM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Thanks Charlost,

I sure have a deeper understanding of the film after reading your post.

#78077 - 07/19/04 04:31 PM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
charlost Offline

Loc: madrid ahora en buenos aires
Gazpacho.. Ok.. I posted to know your opinion, not to sell the film or explain what its about...Your irony doesn´t make sense. confused

So if your are really interested in knowing about it, or open your mind... Try watching it...
Good luck.

Saludos,

Page 6 of 21 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments