Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7771 - 02/02/05 08:24 AM hostels in cadiz
frolickingdirtchild Offline

i will be attemting to live in hostels and beaches in and around cadiz from monday 7th of feb. is there any really dodgy places i should avoid and would there be problems with the people if we lived on the beach? also any nice places to visit? new to this!!

#7772 - 02/02/05 09:01 AM Re: hostels in cadiz
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
good luck finding a place in a hostal on those dates, as Cadiz will be in full blown carnaval mode; that said you probably wont have any problems sleeping out on the beach, pitch a tent and you may get a visit from the policia local. Another possibility could be going further away from the city into the "costadura", the beaches on the outskirts towards san fernando, its a lot more remote and you'll have it more or less to yourself, but I am not suggesting you do this....enjoy carnaval at any rate

#7773 - 05/13/06 06:44 AM Re: hostels in cadiz
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
frolickingdirtchild (colorful name!), did you find something? If so, WHERE/WHAT/HOW? I doubt you'll be back to answer but was hoping to know. I'm looking for some beach-area NOT in Cádiz CITY but in Cádiz PROVINCE in which to stay, some beach NOT fronted by tall stacks and stacks of pisos. Looking for a small hotel, private residence with rentable rooms, or even a house near the beach for 3-nights NEXT weekend. Talk about last-minute, spontaneous planning. (blame my Spanish lady partner for this - typical of her generation rolleyes )

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7774 - 05/13/06 01:44 PM Re: hostels in cadiz
carlos11 Offline

Loc: Florida,USA
MM,
You might enjoy the small town of Zahara de los Atunes.My wife and I stayed there last September,and we will return this year as well.We stayed at the hotel Porfirio,and they do have a web site.Hope this helps! smile

#7775 - 05/14/06 02:22 PM Re: hostels in cadiz
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
Try Habitaciones Volapie in los Caños de Meca, a great little beach town just a little ways away from Vejer....careful, you may never want to leave! If that's no good, there's another place that's really nice, perfect for a getaway, called Sajorami...close to the cabo trafalgar

#7776 - 05/14/06 06:12 PM Re: hostels in cadiz
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Some friends have suggested "Béjar" and "Barbate". I'm only semi-familiar with Béjar so I'll look there first.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7777 - 05/23/06 08:37 PM Re: hostels in cadiz
carlos11 Offline

Loc: Florida,USA
MM,
Did you and your friend ever make to Cadiz? If so, where did you go,and what place did you stay at?

#7778 - 05/24/06 03:10 AM Re: hostels in cadiz
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Nope. Unfortunately we didn't. Finally, we only had one night available and thought such a long drive wasn't worth one night in paradise. So, instead, we went to Cuenca. I'll write my review of the hotel there someday soon. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

#7779 - 05/24/06 03:13 AM Re: hostels in cadiz
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Nope. Unfortunately we didn't. Finally, we only had one night available and thought such a long drive wasn't worth one night in paradise. So, instead, we went to Cuenca. I'll write my review of the hotel there someday soon. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments