Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7731 - 01/18/05 04:42 PM Parador en Merida
granada94 Offline

Loc: West Haven, CT
I will be heading to Merida in Feb on the way down to Sevilla from Madrid. Anyone know about the parador there or might want to share something about the Parador system. I've heard great things in general. I'm hoping that someone can shed some light.

Thanks
Debbie

#7732 - 01/19/05 06:35 AM Re: Parador en Merida
Eduardoca Offline

Loc: California USA
If you can get a reservation I'd highly recommend staying in a Parador.Three years ago I stayed in Segovia,Avila and Zafra.All three Paradors were outstanding.I flew into Lisbon,rented a car,and made the big circle up into Porto and visited the wine country of the Duoro Valley making my return into Spain back through Salamanca down to Seville.Really nice trip.I'll return to Spain this Friday to revisit Madrid and Marbella,Malaga in the south.I did not make a reservation at any Paradors this time because I received a good employee associate discount from my job through Marriott.
The Euro is strong now against the dollar but worth the money for a Parador considering you will probably have to pay just as much or more in a hotel.These are government owned and operated historic properties, always beautiful and in a great setting.
By the way you will love Seville.This is a great town with alot of nice things to see.
Paradores has a web site to see these properties.

#7733 - 01/19/05 10:40 AM Re: Parador en Merida
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Go to www.parador.es and read all about the great special deals (5 night card, "semana de ensueño," etc. I stayed at the parador in Merida and loved it. Great food, too. In fact, all the paradores in Extremadura are worth a visit (Caceres needed updating; the rest were splendid).

#7734 - 01/19/05 04:35 PM Re: Parador en Merida
granada94 Offline

Loc: West Haven, CT
Well, based on your input and the neverending commentary from a friend from Badajoz, I just hung up the phone with the parador in Merida. The receptionist was extremely polite and I'm hopeful that my stay will be successful. Not sure if English is in the cards for my poor husband but that's what he gets for marrying a Spanish teacher. Thanks again!

Debbie

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1571 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments