Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7720 - 01/16/05 03:03 PM Granada, White Towns, Coast Hostals
ellenoregon Offline

Loc: oregon usa
I'm travelling to Andalucia in Holy Week and trying to find accomodation. I have Seville lined up right before Holy Week starts, but I need ideas for Granada Hostals, hostals in any of the white towns (arcos, ronda grazelma etc) and a suggestion for the coast. I realize the rest of Spain is doing this too, and I particularly would like to seek out the less obvious places that a tourist from USA might like but may not attract so many Spaniards. Any quiet towns? Any off-beat places in Granada. Any places at all in Granada? I'm travelling with boyfriend and teenage son, so I'm doing a mix of getting a triple room and two rooms,and money is always a factor. Trying to stay between 50-100 Euros per night. Thanks for ideas

#7721 - 01/16/05 04:50 PM Re: Granada, White Towns, Coast Hostals
willson Offline

Loc: Almería
Just a quick response - don't have a free moment for a longer one but.... think "Casas Rurales".
Try a search on that.

#7722 - 01/16/05 07:17 PM Re: Granada, White Towns, Coast Hostals
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
Great idea Willson. Take a look at toprural.com. You'll want to go in a minute.

#7723 - 01/16/05 09:01 PM Re: Granada, White Towns, Coast Hostals
ellenoregon Offline

Loc: oregon usa
Thanks for this great idea, I've already sent some inquiries, so we'll see...still interested in hostals for Grenanda, or the coast...anybody want to answer another question about fashion? My son, like most American boys is inot wearing trousers that are way too big for him. I'm trying to encourage more reasonable clothing for Spain. Am I wrong? Do Spanish teenage boys hold up their pants as they walk? Thanks for your opinions...

#7724 - 01/16/05 10:08 PM Re: Granada, White Towns, Coast Hostals
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
In Granada, you'll find a bunch of hostels (called "hostales" in Spanish - the word "hostals" isn't actually a word in any language except Catalán) which have websites @ http://www.SpainHostels.com/links/Andalucia/Granada/Granada/

As for your fashion question, you'll likely find previous discussion about that (or feel free to start your own topic) in the "Packing" category of the message board.

Have a great time! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7725 - 01/18/05 10:19 AM Re: Granada, White Towns, Coast Hostals
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
Wonderful little hilltop village straight out of a fairy tale-Castellar de la Frontera, in the province of Cadiz. There are great little "white villages" near Ronda and Grazalema such as Benaojan, Cortes, etc. with lots of outdoor possibilities.

In Spain as in the rest of the world, kids pretty much dress the same, you'll see the "low-rider" look in a lot of places. However, even the scruffiest, gangsta rapper kids seem to put on suits and ties for Holy Thursday and Holy Friday, not that he'll want to do the same, but he may be persuaded to dress more modestly then...

#7726 - 02/03/05 02:45 PM Re: Granada, White Towns, Coast Hostals
liatris Offline

Loc: Glenoma WA USA
Finding accomodations in Granada during Holy Week is tricky, but easier during the beginning of the week. Prices are higher, also during this week. I always find wonderful service at the Hostal Lisboa, within walking distance of almost everything you want to see. Very clean and reasonable.
Fifty K south of Granada, an inexpensive bus ride, is Almunecar. We stayed there last year during the end of Semana Santa, at the Chinasol, which offers small apartments for 2 -6 people. The breakfast was great, and there were swimming pools...and a lot of Europeans. THis little town has Roman ruins, too, so it is a + in my book. Another hotel we enjoyed was the Turismo Tropical - also with a range of tourist 'apartments'. A Google-search for ALmunecar should bring up accomodations. Email me for more information if you're interested.

#7727 - 02/03/05 03:46 PM Re: Granada, White Towns, Coast Hostals
VannieNY Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
what is a white town? i'm thinking all sorts of things like maybe this black girl shouldn't head into the WHITE town, lol, j.k.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments