MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17 >
Topic Options
#77177 - 09/12/01 10:58 AM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
We leave tomorrow morning for Spain (SFO via Philadelphia and Logan) despite more than a little concern. We will not let madmen/barbarians control our lives! But I do feel like we are being disrespectful--considering that so many lost their lives in yesterday's massacre.

#77178 - 09/12/01 11:49 AM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I, for one, was worried about you, Carole. I remembered that you were going to arrive at Boston at 18:30 and leave the following morning for California. I'm happy for you that it wasn't on the 11th becaues both of those flights that crashed into the World Trade Center were AM flights that departed Boston for the west coast.

Most flights will probably be resumed today or tomorrow. Enjoy your Spain visit!
cool

#77179 - 09/12/01 01:27 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
Tejano Offline

Loc: Texas
My fellow AMERICANS in the US, Spain and all over the world, this is a very sad moment for us, but we cannot let this cowardly attack on our land, people, and government break us apart. This horrible act of terroism, will NOT go unforgotten.
We should focus on recovering victims still trapped in the WTC, grieve with the families and then HUNT down these bastards!

We are even stronger than ever before!
Keep your prayers for the people still trapped in these demolished buildings.

#77180 - 09/12/01 07:40 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
My most sincere condolences to all people who are involved in this horrible situation. I am 1 hour from NY and most of the people that I know here has relatives that they cannot find frown
To all policemen, firemen and volunteers YOU ARE HEROS...God bless you all.
To the rest of the world, thanks for all your moral support.
The people who are helping in NY need some stuff. We are collecting underwear, working gloves and money. Please, stop by any Red Cross or Salvation army and colaborate.
Thanks... Que Dios guarde America

#77181 - 09/12/01 08:28 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
billy ski Offline

Loc: long beach New York USA
To my Dear Fellow MM.comers. Thank You all from the bottom of my heart for your kind messages thru private Emails. I have recieved messages of lovingkindness from Spain, Sweden, England, Canada and of course the USA. I feel as if you all are my extended family and I am so very grateful to and for you all. I am one of the fortunate ones especially for my Madridman family. Sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, Bill Ski

#77182 - 09/12/01 09:54 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
toddy Offline

Loc: USA
Wolf, we are ALL with you through this terrible terrible time.
I, too, quote to the offenders, "You have awoken a sleeping GIANT."
Yes, it is a time of great grief, but we must not be still.
I know the EU, the United States, and many other governments are working together in their own capacities.
We also NEED to work together as a community in our own capacities .
EVERYONE HERE CAN HELP.
We need people to research, list, and keep updated on any programs or sites that we can look to for participation.
I think that Madridman would not have a problem using this site to facilitate assistance in this situation.
I thank everyone around the world for your prayers. It is a difficult time for us right now in the United States. I do feel a sense of hope in civilization when I hear countries around the world expressing their hostility towards these acts and support for the United States at this terrible time. We really really appreciate it.
thank you,
toddy (whose tears blur the screen)

#77183 - 09/12/01 10:36 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
Greetings to all...

Wolf, I have enjoyed your insightful and humorous posts for many months now. My heart broke when I read of the loss to you and your family. May Loving Grace strengthen you and yours at this hour.

And billy ski, may God bless you, your son and the people of New York City. The rescue workers of your city are heros of this age.

To the Friends of Liberty throughout the world on this board: We must stand together now. Difficult things are going to occur in the coming weeks, months and, yes, years. This was a professional hit on the civilized world. Will this occur anywhere else in the future? We cannot allow it! Lets pray for the wisdom to successfuly swim these troubled waters.

Peace to all,

Kurt

Viva Libertad!!

#77184 - 09/13/01 08:17 AM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
Celia U Offline

Loc: Madrid
I do not have words to express how I feel. My thoughts are for the people who are involved anyhow in this terrible event.
Love,
Celia

#77185 - 09/13/01 08:41 AM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
I have no words to describe the tragedy. I just wanted to check in to say that my wife and I and are alright. Thankfully we work far from the WTC. We did have to walk (2 hours) to get home. When we got home, we could see the smoke from our bedroom window.

My wife does know 1 person hospitalized and 1 person missing from her old building. Thank god that all is well with everyone else.

Wolf, Billy, my thoughts are with all those missing and all those working to rescue people.

#77186 - 09/13/01 08:51 AM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
mecky Offline

Loc: US
We are ALL in pain I like to share my toughts with all. This is evil that has taken place.

september 11, 2001

This is the day the devil came on earth to dance.
He choose his partners well, Evil, Pain, Hate and Suffering. He wanted the whole world to know that he could dance and so he chose the World Trade Center as his dancing floor. For special effects he used commercial airplanes that provided him with breathtaking and
spectacular fireworks. His music was that of screams and cries of the people, of explosions of buildings, and that of screaming sirens of firetrucks and police cars.
And all of the world was invited and all of the world was there and all of the world watched. How daring he was and how bold, the Pentagon was just like a garden party to him, but he knew the world saw him dancing.

Now the dancing floors are leveled to the ground and the world is daring to breathe again. Pain and Suffering will linger, but as the good in Man is beginning to breathe again, he will rise out of
the ashes, so will the stories of the heroes and the kindness and courage of all people will again take away the spotlight from the devil.. All of us see again the goodness of people on this earth.
Just wait and see, soon as the dust settles the devil will have no music and companions for his party. Oh yes he will always be a part in our lives and we will never forget his party, but the heroes that are now working will make this world good and he will become a small evil creature as he really is.
There is good in us all.

Page 4 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments