Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7712 - 01/15/05 07:01 AM Extremadura accommodation
CCCatharine Offline

We're planning on visiting the northern part of Extremadura in April to enjoy the nature (esp. birds). We're looking for a quiet, clean place to stay in the area of Monfrague, Valle de Jerte. Nothing fancy, no noisy cities/streets. Any suggestions are very, very welcome.

#7713 - 01/20/05 08:44 AM Re: Extremadura accommodation
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
Not many nature lovers out there, I guess. I love your plan. We drove through the park and it is beautiful. We pulled over to watch a group of Iberian eagles and it was very cool. We did not spend the night in the area, but enjoyed spending time in both Plasencia and Trujillo. Either town sounds like just what you are looking for. Plasencia is closer, and I would stay there. It is pretty small. The center is very charming and you can feast on pinchos. Trujillo has more old world charm and tourists, but is a little farther away. Sorry I can't recommend accomodations, but I'm sure you will find something good. Have a great time!

#7714 - 01/25/05 08:03 AM Re: Extremadura accommodation
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
I'd use BANCOTEL coupons or the paradores' 5 night cards and stay at the parador at Jarandilla de la Vera . Don't miss the monasterio de Yuste!

#7715 - 01/25/05 11:52 AM Re: Extremadura accommodation
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
Maybe I'm too late but...

I stayed two years ago in a beautiful rural hotel in Aldea del Obispo (mentioned in some maps as Aldea de Trujillo) called El Tenado ( http://www.eltenado.com ). It has only 6 rooms, in rural style but with all modern amenities, all named after birds because they are specialized in birdwatching tourism. It is located 10 kms. North of Trujillo and 30 kms. South of Monfrague.

If you prefer something more 'high tech', I'd recommend Hospederia de Monfrague
( http://www.alextur.net/hotel/monfrague/ ). It is closer to the park than the other hotel I mentioned. It is a newly built hotel with design furniture and decoration.

#7716 - 02/12/05 11:31 AM Re: Extremadura accommodation
CCCatharine Offline

Thank you for your suggestions. The El Tenado sounds just like the place we're looking for and their website is great. What a wonderful means of communication internet is. 3 Times Hurray for this message board!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments