MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#76923 - 05/31/03 03:14 AM The Logical Follow Up to "The Gobbler"
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
In the wonderful tradition of The Gobbler , I submit for your approval the following site .

As my sister said in the e-mail she sent me, make sure you've used the restroom prior to reading...or wet pants may result.

#76924 - 05/31/03 06:00 AM Re: The Logical Follow Up to "The Gobbler"
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
My god, man! You've struck again! Those 1974 Weight Watchers cards make me want to NEVER eat again! hehhehe... The descriptions are sarcastically (sp??) funny too.

I think I'll make the Mackerelly for dinner tonight:
Quote:
Sometimes mere adjectives for mackerel are not enough. Sometimes mackerel is mackerel unto itself. Sometimes you just have to let go. Mackerelease yourself. Embrace mackereality.
Thanks for sharing! And have a nice weekend, everyone!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#76925 - 05/31/03 11:20 AM Re: The Logical Follow Up to "The Gobbler"
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Cali, you've done it again...Doug and I were laughing so hard our daughter came in to see what was wrong with us...and also learned to read the word "sh_t." (Gotta learn sometime!)

MM, I am with you...Mackerelly all around for dinner tonight! Actually, I have a chicken defrosting in the fridge, so maybe I will do that "blood-red chicken" recipe. MMMMM....

I assume you've all see this site: http://www.excitementmachine.org/jc/

#76926 - 05/31/03 09:58 PM Re: The Logical Follow Up to "The Gobbler"
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Cali,

Last Saturday my wife and I ventured up to Johnson Creek (home of the Gobbler) to visit the big "outlet mall." After visiting 30 or more of the 60 some places and finding that the prices weren't that good, we ventured on over to the Gobbler to find it was boarded up.

There was a "For Sale" sign in one of the windows, but because it's now kind of off the beaten path, I don't see it ever making a rebound.

I hate seeing that happen, but I guess it's one of those relics from the past that nobody cares about. I have a hunch the bull dozers will be in within a few weeks. I may take a trip up there in a week or two with my digital camera and get a few pics from the outside. Really a strange but interesting building.

Wolf

#76927 - 06/01/03 08:36 AM Re: The Logical Follow Up to "The Gobbler"
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Yeah! I'm with MMan, we're talking about weight watching, right? Well, then it works! smile
Ha, ha! not even the folks at 'La Isla de los Famosos' (a celebrity survival type of show), would dare savouring most of those.... rolleyes
Really, I don't know who must have been higher on LSD at the time, the cook or the photographer.... cool
And what would Martha Stewart think about such succulent munchies?, maybe she'd get a rash or something! Oh wait, maybe she was involved in these somehow at the beginning of her career eek , and she has a former hippy-chick self that has evolved....

#76928 - 06/01/03 11:07 AM Re: The Logical Follow Up to "The Gobbler"
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Yes Detective Pim, once again your deduction skills are 100% correct! Martha Stewart did design these scrumptious collations for the improvement of the Chubby population. Notice the artistic way the recipes were shown, the use of scraps to induce the gastric juices!
Only Martha could have done this!
Only Martha could have the foresight and skill to take tomatoes to such heights! :p
Here is a picture of Martha when she wrote for WW, it's called Remembering when...

#76929 - 06/01/03 03:05 PM Re: The Logical Follow Up to "The Gobbler"
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
I just saw the picture of "The Gobbler"...for a minute I thought it was building in Barcelona! laugh

#76930 - 06/02/03 02:41 PM Re: The Logical Follow Up to "The Gobbler"
Chicagoan Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
That's a funny website about the JC Penny catalog, Tara. It reminds me of the box of postcards I got my friend for her birthday called "catalog man" postcards.

http://uor.safeshopper.com/7/387.htm?965

I have the JC Penney catalog from 1970, the year I was born. My mom saved it for me and it's hillarious. If I ever have a child, I will save him/her a cheesy clothing catalog.

#76931 - 06/02/03 02:55 PM Re: The Logical Follow Up to "The Gobbler"
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
What a great idea, Chicagoan! I have a "Life" magazine from the year I was born, but a catalog would have been more fun! I was also born in 1970, BTW!

#76932 - 06/02/03 07:13 PM Re: The Logical Follow Up to "The Gobbler"
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Me too! laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments