Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7621 - 12/19/04 11:52 AM Madrid-Are there electical outlets in room Cruz Sol?
peschuh Offline

Loc: Orlando, Florida
Hey all, apppreciate recent responses RE: Hostal Cruz Sol. Was also wondering if there are electrical outlets in room to plug in radio,or whatever needs plugging in. I am aware that I need a converter/adapter already. Thanks for any help.

peschuh

#7622 - 12/19/04 12:29 PM Re: Madrid-Are there electical outlets in room Cruz Sol?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello peschuh! Welcome to our ALL SPAIN Message Board!

While I can't personally speak on Hostal Cruz Sol specifically (hopefully those others can which replied to your last topic about the hostel), nearly all hostels DO have outlets on at least one of the walls. I recall recharging my videocamera batteries and electric shaver in the wall outlets as well as those in the bathrooms where they're certain to have outlets.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7623 - 12/19/04 04:55 PM Re: Madrid-Are there electical outlets in room Cruz Sol?
el viajero Offline

There are, indeed, electrical outlets in the rooms... though not a whole lot of them. If I recall correctly, I had to unplug a desk lamp in order to plug in my laptop computer. To hook up my printer, I had to then unplug the computer and run it on battery so the printer could use the AC plug.

Be sure to bring appropriate plug and/or voltage adapters for any electrical devices you bring from home.

#7624 - 12/19/04 05:56 PM Re: Madrid-Are there electical outlets in room Cruz Sol?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
peschuh

Yes there are power points in Hostal Cruz Sol, but the electicity is only activated when you put your room card/key thingy in it's slot when you enter the room.

I think there were two double sockets in our double/triple room.

Another point re the card/key thingy is that if you don't leave it in it's slot and want a lie in in the morning, the hostal staff will think you are out and may come in to clean the room as it activates an 'occupied' sign outside the room when inserted.

We asked for two of these cards, so that we could come and go without each other and still be able to use the hairdrier when in by ourselves rolleyes

Just for your info, the room we stayed in was the one 18" from reception, and although the hostal was full, we never heard anyone coming and going at unreasonable times, nor did we hear the telephone. Maybe we all kept the same hours .. or maybe they have new soundproofed doors?

Jo

#7625 - 12/20/04 06:05 AM Re: Madrid-Are there electical outlets in room Cruz Sol?
el viajero Offline

Inserting the keycard in the lightswitch to activate the room's electricity is pretty much standard at hotels throughout Spain. In fact, it's so standard that almost no hotel staff will think to tell you about it, leading many of us foreigners to call the front desk to report an AC malfunction. smile

#7626 - 12/20/04 06:30 AM Re: Madrid-Are there electical outlets in room Cruz Sol?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Oooh, yes, the a/c in Hostal Cruz Sol is good too. You have your own zapper and it's really efficient and quiet.

I've not stayed there whilst the weather was cold, so I've no idea if there is any heating.

There is a hairdrier in the bathroom, so you don't need to take one.

And a telly (not in the bathroom).

And, in the triple room there is the most amazingly amusing fold away bed for the third person. Whislt I say it was amusing, it was still brand new and more than adequate - infact I think it was larger than the single bed, and certainly very comfortable and convenient.

I hope you like Hostal Cruz Sol as much as el viajero and I do, but don't tell any MORE people about it rolleyes

Jo

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments