Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7609 - 12/13/04 07:29 AM hostels in valencia?
raquelvalenzuela Offline

Loc: London
Hola

I know this is a board on Madrid but...

Going to Valencia for a weekend in February. Can anyone personally recommend lively, sociable hostels in a good, central location?

Gracias!

#7610 - 12/13/04 08:07 AM Re: hostels in valencia?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
raquelvalenzuela wrote:
Quote:
I know this is a board on Madrid but...
Wow. How did you get this idea? Didn't you see the introduction page @ http://www.MadridMan.com/bbs.html where it states:
Quote:
PLEASE Remember this is an ALL SPAIN Message Board (NOT just Madrid) so include the CITY/REGION LOCATION in your subject line if starting a new topic
and also the "pass-through page" @ http://www.madridman.com/bbstemp.html which states:
Quote:
REMINDER:
This is NOT a Madrid-only message board but rather an ALL SPAIN message Board
Please include CITY NAME in the SUBJECT of all NEW POSTINGS
and also the name above, on all message board pages, which state this is "MadridMan's ALL SPAIN Message Board"??? confused

Okay. On to your question... You're looking for "hostels" or "youth hostels"? Remember, "hostels" in Spain are budget hotels - called "hostales" in Spanish - while "youth hostels" are, well, YOUTH hostels with bunk-beds and dormitory-style sleeping arrangements and are called "albergues juveniles" in Spanish.

You'll want to conduct a SEARCH using keywords VALENCIA YOUTH HOSTEL to find some which are previously mentioned. I think the HOME YOUTH HOSTEL is one which is popular and has a website. You could check out those which have websites and listed on the SpainHostels.com website.

Good luck and enjoy your visit to Spain!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7611 - 12/13/04 09:15 AM Re: hostels in valencia?
raquelvalenzuela Offline

Loc: London
Wow. I've never seen anyone get so flustered over such a minor thing, sorry. My fault, I may have had the blinders on for a second...but a gentle note there is too much text on the pages to provide easy navigation and my first reaction to clutter is not to read it. Anyway, thanks very much for the suggestion, I visited the website, it looks good, I'm tossing up between Home Delux or Home Backpackers. If anyone has stayed in either of these places, please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

#7612 - 12/13/04 09:23 AM Re: hostels in valencia?
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
raquelvalenzuela,

In defense of our good host, this is about the umpteenth time he has had to point this out. He's even had to point this out to me a long time board member. MadridMan is really one of the most patient men.

#7613 - 12/13/04 10:02 AM Re: hostels in valencia?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Quote:
Wow. I've never seen anyone get so flustered over such a minor thing,
You're right. I apologize. It is a minor thing when it happens now and then but it happens nearly everyday and, yes, I'm sorry to say it frustrates me sometimes. Musn't let it get to me. Sorry! frown

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments