Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7601 - 02/07/05 09:44 AM Costa Vella, Santiago
gregorio Offline

Loc: seattle
There are no shortages of places to stay in Santiago, but just wanted to let people know my wife and I enjoyed hostal costa vella for 2 nights last week. Rita is quick to respond on emails, and the staff is fantastic there, have a great little cafe for coffee in the AM or a glass of wine before you go out. Recommended a great restaurant, Bodaquilla San Roque, 2 blocks up from the hotel, go upstairs or have a beer down below, food was great and very reasonable.

#7602 - 02/07/05 12:12 PM Re: Costa Vella, Santiago
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hello,

I was curious about Costa Vella. Thanks so much for the review. Here is its website: http://www.costavella.com/

It says that a double is 65 Euros, is that true?
I like the location, near Eddie's Convento de San Francisco and the Casco Historico/historic center.

Thanks,
Booklady

#7603 - 02/07/05 12:42 PM Re: Costa Vella, Santiago
gregorio Offline

Loc: seattle
It is a gem, I think we paid 72E for the 2 second floor superior room, has a great bathroom overlooking the convent and historic part of the city. Overall was very happy w/ the hotel and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

#7604 - 03/11/05 11:35 PM Re: Costa Vella, Santiago
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I stayed there last summer with two of our kids and it was wonderful. We had a great experience!!! They even have a small library where you can look a tour books or borrow a book to read.

#7605 - 03/12/05 07:26 AM Re: Costa Vella, Santiago
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Doña Carmen (Booklady) writes:
Quote:
I like the location, near Eddie's Convento de San Francisco and the Casco Historico/historic center.
Is that me to whom you refer?? If so, I am flattered! But my reference has almost always been to Hostal Hogar San Francisco where I have stayed several times and which I recommend highly. cool
BTW
Is the Costa Vella up that cobblestone hill from Rua San Francisco?? If so, this Septuagenarian had a tough time coming down that hill on wet cobblestones trying to use a walking stick. eek

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 800 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments