Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7592 - 12/06/04 01:16 AM Madrid: Heating in Hostal Lopez?
Bruja del 71 Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
We're staying at Hostal Lopez from Dec. 27 to Jan. 1. I am concerned about the few posts re: the heating at the hostal. Both were in 2001 - I don't know if the situation has changed since. One post mentioned that the heating was not working during their stay. Another post said it was turned on only during certain times (e.g., early evening). Has anyone stayed there recently and have any comments to make about their heating? Thanks!

#7593 - 12/06/04 05:41 AM Re: Madrid: Heating in Hostal Lopez?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
First of all, congratulations to you for finding SOMETHING available for the days surrounding New Years Eve. This is often a difficult task for Madrid.

Hopefully you'll get some feedback from people who have stayed there recently. However, I know that Hostal Lopez was completely renovated in the last 2 years.

Heating rooms only during certain hours has long been a common practice among "hostales" but I'm not sure that's still the case these years. I would imagine so.

You might even consider sending them a quick email with their question. I'm sure they'd let you know the status.

Good luck and enjoy your visit to Spain!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7594 - 12/07/04 10:38 PM Re: Madrid: Heating in Hostal Lopez?
Bruja del 71 Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
You're right! It was difficult to find accomodations for those days. I e-mailed 20+ hostals and most of them were fully booked. The only ones that still had some space available for New Year's were Hostals Lopez, Dulcinea, Plaza D'Ort, and Hotel Europa. I ultimately chose Hostal Lopez due to the positive reviews posted on this forum. The price lured me in too. I'll post my review upon my return.

One of my travel buddies did speak to Nuria from Hostal Lopez and she confirmed they had heating. Let's hope it works when we arrive - otherwise I'll freeze to death!

#7595 - 12/07/04 10:43 PM Re: Madrid: Heating in Hostal Lopez?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Nuria's very very nice. I'm sure she/they will take good care of you. Please do give us your review upon returning when/if you have time. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments