Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#75813 - 11/06/02 01:47 PM Re: Thank you France.
SRedw Offline

#75814 - 11/07/02 04:49 PM Re: Thank you France.
toddy Offline

Loc: USA
WHERE WERE THE SMOKE DETECTORS!!!!!!!!!!
(I'm waiting for the big euro protest in the streets for this lack of humanitarian interest)

I'm sure I'll be waiting awhile for hypocracy reigns in the eu!!!!
mad

#75815 - 11/07/02 06:45 PM Re: Thank you France.
dargus Offline

Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada
It's been awhile since I've checked out this fine board (and I still haven't made it to my dream destination of Spain).
I couldn't resist replying to Electracity's complaint about Canada. I assume you have a Pat Buchanan poster on your wall?
My 'prime directive' is not to try and differentiate myself from my neighbours...I'm secure enough in my own little culture up here in Edmonton to know what makes my way of life and thinking unique. And I LOVE it up here. I'm not sure what you hate about Canada but you DO have the choice to leave, don't you?

Aw, my apolgies Electracity, I've just discovered that you are dwelling in Calgary...probably the most American city in Canada (I don't mean that as a bad thing - it's often refereed to as the Dallas of the North). I understand why you think that we are EXACTLY like them. Because the culture you are surrounded by is very similar to that of the USA thus tainting your outlook. i didn't really want to get involved with this, not being a heart-on-the-sleeve patriot type (a typical Canadian?) but sometimes ya just gotta speak up!

#75816 - 11/07/02 07:27 PM Re: Thank you France.
toddy Offline

Loc: USA
Dargus,
Hey eh, I totally agree. If you don't like the maple, try another tree. wink

#75817 - 11/28/02 12:31 PM Re: Thank you France.
ELECTRACITY Offline

Loc: CANADA
Read it again, ok, i'll repeat it, "if I could leave tomorrow I would"(leave canada). Note that the Phrase is in the conditional.

You can all wrap yourself in your cosy canadian flag/ (Hudson Bay blanket), and cheer yourselfs on. Its unfortunate that YOU find your cheers only have resonance when they are thrown, like mud against the fabric (coat tail?) of the US. And, if I may continue the analogy, I would brush you off like the little stain that you are.

You will always be the highschool audio-video production when others are creating "Major Motion Pictures".

Allow me to quote from a European periodical:
"Why invest in it (canada), when you can invest in the real thing (the US)."

And to he who said California outperformed France economically, I say this: where was California when it had no power? How can it be that California cannot even light their own lightbulbs!!? France produces a surplus of electricity, so much in fact that is sells its surplus to many neighboring countries. I won't start mentioning their cutting edge aerospace, transportation, communications, medicine fields etc.

And to he who said "France is the 5th world power at best.." do some research....hey! I'll save you some time, they are easily in the top 3.

Oh by the way since when is Edmonton the Paris of the Great White North? The cultural capial?Funny, "White" is pivotal word. You are deep in Red Neck country. Ask the average Edmontonian / Canadian what language is spoken in say....Brazil, 99.8% will answer Spanish. canada, you can keep it.

Ps: The capial "C" has purposely been left out of canada.

#75818 - 11/28/02 03:27 PM Re: Thank you France.
dargus Offline

Your ignorance is sooo hilarious Mr. Cowtown!!
Where do you get 'Paris of the Great White North'? Was I ever implying that Edmonton can be compared to Paris (or Calgary, haha, for that matter)?
The 'American culture' statement is a fact. Calgary is the most American in it's overall attitude. It's got a reputation as a very business-orientated/enterprise spirit 'go-get'em' type of town. By no means was that intended as criticism, it was a comment regarding your statement that we are EXACTLY (your terms) like Americans. I responded by pointing out that your personal philosophy is influenced by the culture you were brought up in. It was not a criticism.
Edmotnon a cultural capital? In Alberta it IS the cultural capital and sports capital (please get over it already...my upper-income whitecollar Calgary friends who have relocated up here will verify this for you). Calgary is the financial capital. No doubt about that.
And your 'white', 'redneck' statement says a lot about your overall attitude and ignorance in general (very Calgarian in your arrogance BTW).
"Ask the average Edmontonian / Canadian what language is spoken in say....Brazil, 99.8% will answer Spanish"
And how would most Calgarians answer? Isn't your city's big party on a rodeo theme?

"I would brush you off like the little stain that you are."

That speaks volumes about you.

Sorry to all other posters who are reading this but his drivel and ignorant arrogance indicates his maturity and is beyond pathetic.

It amazes how some people take things way out of context and reply so obnoxiously.

Have a good day!

#75819 - 11/28/02 03:45 PM Re: Thank you France.
ELECTRACITY Offline

When I mention canada, believe me I do not exclude calgary. Most of the so-called intelligent professionals that I work with would not even answer "Spanish". "My" city? No thanks I just live here (unfortunately).
Your reply is predicable. "Sports Capital" ?
Ignorant or pathetic I am not. All that had to be said can be read in my previous post. Now get back in your American made SUV and run along. "Sports Capital"

#75820 - 11/28/02 04:04 PM Re: Thank you France.
dargus Offline

Ahh,
A pompous snob.
I always did prefer more down to earth types anyway.
I stick to my posts also.
Also, why would I drive an SUV? I prefer my 36mpg Toyota Corolla.

I really hope you fulfill your dreams and leave Canada. Life's too short to be unhappy ELECTRACITY. I still think it's all in the attitude, anyway.
And what does having to be number one all of the time have to do with happiness and fulfillment anyway? Each to their own. I am VERY happy here (but these LONG winters do get to me).

(For those who aren't aware Calgary and Edmonton have been Alberta city rivals in both overall philosophy and just good ol' brotherly/sisterly competiton since, oh say around 1900)

I herenow bid farewell to this delightful post.

#75821 - 11/28/02 04:17 PM Re: Thank you France.
ELECTRACITY Offline

Hmm,....never once mentioned France. C'est domage!

#75822 - 11/28/02 05:59 PM Re: Thank you France.
ELECTRACITY Offline

Sorry to pop up again but to all those who care, read this article in a canadian magazine.

http://www.macleans.ca/xta-doc2/2002/11/25/Cover/75850.shtml

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments